January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The closest peer to Suarez would I guess be Jamie Vardy, they're almost exactly the same age. Now Suarez is a better player, but if you look at Vardy this season the signs of decline are there and it wouldn't be too much of a surprise to see him call it a day at the end of the term. 

It's eight years since Suarez left Liverpool, Paul Lambert was our manager, if that's the Suarez you're thinking of, then I'm sorry, that isn't the Suarez we'd be getting.

Straight to Vegas in the summer, good plan - via a season in Aston, bad plan.

He's scored 228 goals in those 8 years... 

We'd have to manage him but he's more than good enough for 18 months / 1year still at this age

Whether or not you want him here because he's a massive word removed is something else 

1 hour ago, KangarooVillan said:

I’m still very confused why people want to replace Mings.

i still believe it's a vocal minority

but we do need another CB. we have only one back up CB and he's not very good

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The closest peer to Suarez would I guess be Jamie Vardy, they're almost exactly the same age. Now Suarez is a better player, but if you look at Vardy this season the signs of decline are there and it wouldn't be too much of a surprise to see him call it a day at the end of the term. 

It's eight years since Suarez left Liverpool, Paul Lambert was our manager, if that's the Suarez you're thinking of, then I'm sorry, that isn't the Suarez we'd be getting.

Could he be signed by Vegas and loaned out to Villa? Would that be allowed ?

58 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Ming's has his faults, but replacing him is nowhere near a priority imo.

I also think replacing Mings is not something that can be done easily. He is the clear leader in our team, and to get someone to take that role the person needs to be in the club for some time. Its not just as easy getting Pau Torres to do the job, then we got no leadership...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MentalM said:

I also think replacing Mings is not something that can be done easily. He is the clear leader in our team, and to get someone to take that role the person needs to be in the club for some time. Its not just as easy getting Pau Torres to do the job, then we got no leadership...

i don't think it can be done full stop. not sure who these better CBs are who are better than him that folks think we could attract

• Like 1

In the 2 games we had to play without Mings we conceded 3 ridiculously soft goals. I reckon we would have won those games had he been been playing. 

It’s no coincidence Hause plays better alongside Mings than he does Konsa even though they are both left footed.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KangarooVillan said:

I’m still very confused why people want to replace Mings.

No top 6 team would buy Tyrone from us as a starter. After the DMC position has been resolved he will be next first team player to be replaced. It won’t be easy and will be expensive as there are many positives that he brings but there are undoubtedly better overall players available for that position. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DakotaVilla said:

No top 6 team would buy Tyrone from us as a starter. After the DMC position has been resolved he will be next first team player to be replaced. It won’t be easy and will be expensive as there are many positives that he brings but there are undoubtedly better overall players available for that position. 

disagree. he gets in the man u team IMO (if we're talking the scum 6 rather than current top 6). spurs too probably. and he walks into the arsenal team.

nathan ake still gets games for city and mings is the better defender

in fact i'd say chelsea is the only side in the league where mings struggles to get a game

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Vardy is all about speed. If he has lost that first 1/2 yard burst of acceleration then he is less effective. Add in recovery times being greater the older he gets each time he does make a run then for Leicesters style of play, he becomes less of a threat.

Suarez was never about raw speed.

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

disagree. he gets in the man u team IMO (if we're talking the scum 6 rather than current top 6). spurs too probably. and he walks into the arsenal team.

in fact i'd say chelsea is the only side in the league where mings struggles to get a game

There's a difference between being a starter and getting games here and there.

17 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

If they wanted him they would already have bought him or been linked with him. He’s never been linked with any of them for a reason. 

14 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Plucking a few names from sides above us, he's a better centre half than Maguire, Lindelof, Stones, White, Dier, Sanchez, Dawson, anyone at wolves.

And I don't think he's all that. There's some right dross about.

• Haha 1