January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

Just now, grobs said:

We need to replace luiz in the starting 11 as a priority this window. Targett close 2nd.  

I would reverse that but either way yeah both need to disappear, digne>targett and zakaria>luiz

• Like 1

Tonight just highlighted again how weak we are in certain positions.

Were crying out for LB, DM and i'd even say CB.

CB may not be a pressing priority this window and can wait till the summer but we need much better than Hause to push Mings and Konsa on a bit.

They are playing well within their comfort zone.

• Like 2

No smoke without fire (there's always some reason for a rumour) according to Gerrard, so seems like some of the deals we're working on are names that have been mentioned in the press. Digne, Randolph, and Bissouma, come to mind.

• Like 1

Gerrard also commented on his side’s interest in Everton full-back Lucas Digne, indicating that the wheels are in motion, without naming names

"We are working hard on targets. It is not respectful to mention any names but there is no smoke without fire and we want to try and improve certain areas of our team and our squad.”

Post match tonight, I'd imagine we are trying for minimum 2 more and maybe as many as 4 if you include a backup keeper.

Coutinho, Digne, DM, CB and backup GK.

Would be delighted with Coutinho, Digne and a top DM like Phillips or Bissouma. Everything else would be a bonus in this window.

CB is needed, however I think we could try go big for one in the summer again.

Feel like Targett's max value is right now, if Digne can be done should we cash in on Matt this window(Newcastle would buy) , maybe hickey wouldn't come as a back up but has to be decen young left back out there that would jump at it

• Like 1