January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

3 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Don't jump down my throat. It's incredibly boring. I know how unreliable he is, but it's more interesting than not sharing and debating. Yes much of it is obvious..

Whispers says we're after GK, CB, DM, LB and a Winger.

That's a lot. They could very well be throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. But could be a hell of a window if we add 5 players.

I think those are positions we'll try to address over the next two transfer windows for certain. I'll be disappointed if we aren't in for a forward as well, as the balance isn't right up top at the moment. 

But I don't think we'll be bringing in 4-5 players this window. 

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I am a bit anxious about this window.....I don't know why, just am.

We really need to sign at least one player to make an impact and raise the bar.

Why be 'anxious'? We look very unlikely to get into the relegation battle at this point.

• Like 4

I’m a little worried how few goals our wider front players score.

I know Bailey and Buendia will score more in future but I do feel we need to get rid of Trez and AEG as we no longer play with wide forwards like we did with smith and bring in a new one that suits the more narrow formation.

Buying older players in their late 20's on high wages is what Everton has done over the years.

It's a bad business model. Their best days are likely past them and they have very little resell value. 

I really liked our previous plan with buying 23/24 year olds which we can further develop. Exactly what Arsenal is doing.

It's the way to go for a club like us.

Signing a bunch of 29/30 year olds would be a step in the wrong direction imo. 

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Buying older players in their late 20's on high wages is what Everton has done over the years.

It's a bad business model. Their best days are likely past them and they have very little resell value. 

I really liked our previous plan with buying 23/24 year olds which we can further develop. Exactly what Arsenal is doing.

Agree - but I think signing 23/24 year olds will prove too expensive.

I think the hope that our current batch of starlets will provide the younger players in our team.

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

Agree - but I think signing 23/24 year olds will prove too expensive.

I think the hope that our current batch of starlets will provide the younger players in our team.

Depends on the level.

I'd be down for keep buying the best players in the Championship rather than buying mercenaries from the Prem.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Why be 'anxious'? We look very unlikely to get into the relegation battle at this point.

not in that way.....in the way that, we need to start signing players, who actually make us play better.

So far, I see little effect from Bailey,Ings and Buendia.....who knows what the future holds, but so far, they have had marginal improvement on us.

40 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

on the way up, not on the way down....is my policy.

The intensity seems to wane in the older players too...meal ticket springs to mind.

but there is always exceptions.

• Like 1

I said in the summer our next critical position was centre back just from a numbers perspective. We now need two.

CB

Potentially championship someone like Souttar

The rest are to improve on what we already have:

LB

Happy with Hickey or Sosa. Not a fan of the Tagliafico link.

DM

No idea who this could be

Winger/Number 10

Julian Alvarez is the one I want, we seemed to have missed the boat but would be a massive statement to other clubs, not necessarily fans. Just hope it’s not Ryan Kent. 

One of the more unreliable sources, but the daily mail have done a transfer round up and claimed we like these players:

Josh Doig (Hibs), Aaron Hickey (Bologna), Lucas Digne (Everton), Nicolas Tagliafico (Ajax), Florian Wirtz (Leverkusen), Denis Zakaria (M’gladbach), Glen Kamara, Ryan Kent (Rangers), Dejan Kulusevski (Juventus), James McAtee (Man City).

3 minutes ago, useless said:

One of the more unreliable sources, but the daily mail have done a transfer round up and claimed we like these players:

Josh Doig (Hibs), Aaron Hickey (Bologna), Lucas Digne (Everton), Nicolas Tagliafico (Ajax), Florian Wirtz (Leverkusen), Denis Zakaria (M’gladbach), Glen Kamara, Ryan Kent (Rangers), Dejan Kulusevski (Juventus), James McAtee (Man City).

Sign Wirtz at all costs. No way would he come. But do it if he will