January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

59 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I cant understand why the club is being linked with pensioners ( in footballing terms)

romeu is 30  taglifico is 29 and digne is 29

Now they are all fine players...but i would have imagined that the club would want some kind of comeback after their contracts end etc.

Edens and sawaris are business men first and foremost and i  certainly would not be thinking that the club would recoup any of the massive fees paid for these players at the end of their contracts.

Money wise we had a nightmare spend last summer and im sure we have lost millions and millions in player's net worth.

One thing i do know is that we have to get the next 2 windows right.

29/30 are pensioners? **** me.

What is it with this forum and players over the age of 28? I couldn’t give a monkeys how old they are if they improve the team and contribute to us climbing the table. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

I just looked up Attila Szalai on YouTube and that confirms he is better than Van Dijk. Hopefully the medical is soon

No definately not, he looks like someone crossed Shane Warne the Aussie cricketer with Wayne Rooney

wayner.png

Shane Warne.png

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

From what i've seen so far, from the downright ridiculous to the more plausible, we have been linked to the following players - will try and update the list every so often, please feel free to point out ones i've missed:

RB:

Patterson (Rangers), Tavernier (Rangers)

LB:

Digne (Everton), Hickey (Bologna), Sosa (Monchengladbach), Barisic (Rangers), Tagliafico (Ajax), Tsimikas (Liverpool)

CB:

Szalai (Fenerbache), Goldson (Rangers), Gomez (Liverpool), Hermoso (A.Madrid), Torres (Villareal)

DM:

Kamara (Rangers), Can (Dortmund), Kamara (Marseille), Romeu (Southampton), Bissouma (Brighton)

CM:

Jones (Liverpool), McKennie (Juventus), Kessie (Milan)

AM/FW/ST: Alvarez (Boca), Coutinho (Barca), Firmino (Liverpool), Kent (Rangers), Aribo (Rangers), Solomon (Shakthar), Alli (Spurs), Lingard (Man Utd)

How are we defining links here tho? Firmino was literally just Tony Cascarino pondering possible targets to fill airtime.

How many of those links have come from journalists or even agents reporting actual enquiries made.

Its a good list and I don’t mean to give you more homework but could you grade them ie 1 being a Percy type report down to 3 being the Cascarino type rubbish…and if you could post the relevant link, that would be great thanks! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I cant understand why the club is being linked with pensioners ( in footballing terms)

romeu is 30  taglifico is 29 and digne is 29

I think the answer lies with the word 'link'

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jim said:

29/30 are pensioners? **** me.

What is it with this forum and players over the age of 28? I couldn’t give a monkeys how old they are if they improve the team and contribute to us climbing the table. 

Quite. We're not in a position to sign the Haalands of this world, so have to make some concessions somewhere - players of that age still have 3/4 years at the top level ahead of them anyway, which is more than enough to benefit us greatly. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

How are we defining links here tho? Firmino was literally just Tony Cascarino pondering possible targets to fill airtime.

How many of those links have come from journalists or even agents reporting actual enquiries made.

Its a good list and I don’t mean to give you more homework but could you grade them ie 1 being a Percy type report down to 3 being the Cascarino type rubbish…and if you could post the relevant link, that would be great thanks! 

Basically anything i've seen on social media/here. I did this list off top of my head and cant honestly remember where it broke from. Quite happy to let someone else do the digging. I havent got the time my friend. Sorry

Don't jump down my throat. It's incredibly boring. I know how unreliable he is, but it's more interesting than not sharing and debating. Yes much of it is obvious..

Whispers says we're after GK, CB, DM, LB and a Winger.

That's a lot. They could very well be throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. But could be a hell of a window if we add 5 players.

Edited by HalfTimePost

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

Don't jump down my throat. It's incredibly boring. I know is how unreliable he is, but it's more interesting than not sharing and debating. Yes much of it is obvious..

Whispers says we're after GK, CB, LB and a Winger.

Surprised we're not after a chef, a pastry maker and a engineer 

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Looks like its Oriol Romeu for our first signing.
Are you excited?
Do you rate him? 

Yes, I am excited, he’s a good solid pro who has played for some top clubs.

Yes, I do rate him, if we do sign him, he’ll add a bit of grit and steel which I don’t think our current midfield contains

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Yes, I am excited, he’s a good solid pro who has played for some top clubs.

Yes, I do rate him, if we do sign him, he’ll add a bit of grit and steel which I don’t think our current midfield contains

No way are we after Romeu, it’s just a lazy link carried over from the summer.  Gerrard will be looking at his own players