Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The guy behind me that swears all game every game was worse than ever today but got told off by a fan and then a steward. He was quiet for the rest of the game. 

I asked him at the end if he was ok as he was a lot quieter than usual and he told me to **** off 🤣 

Got told off by a fan for swearing at football, it’s a football match for F**K sake not a game of tennis.  

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeh was a bit harsh on him but he really is non stop swearing at every one of our players constantly. It does get annoying.

You should have probably pointed out the player bit 😂 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Full limbs after the Equalizer, Collapsed on a seat with my mate and broke it, Sprained both my ankles and thought I’d broken a rib at first. That’s what I call an atmosphere

Are you in the lower Holte? Saw a broken seat when I was walking out haha

4 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Are you in the lower Holte? Saw a broken seat when I was walking out haha

Yep, part of it now is on our kitchen table because my oldest son went back in to get it. Apparently him and his brother are going to make coasters out of it tomorrow

• Like 1

Was a lot quieter at the start today than I was expecting. A later kick off, under the lights, after Monday's debacle. Was pretty subdued other than some half hearted booing of Utd when they came out and their early passes. 

Obviously their early goal and our general lack of possession sucked away what little enthusiasm there was. 

Obviously much better second half and electric when we equalised but I was suprised by the early atmosphere. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

Strange atmosphere yesterday, probably proves just how much the on pitch performance impacts a Villa Park crowd.

When we play poorly the atmosphere is not there, if the players get into a game the crowd can be fantastic, and they were for the last 20 minutes.

The one thing that frustrates me is the amount of people getting on the backs of the players when we pass the ball backwards. If you watch any good team they do this, recycle the ball through the back four and look to restart the attack. It's about retaining possession at times, a lot of our fans seem to think we should be attacking 100% of the time, and moving the ball forwards at all times.

30 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Strange atmosphere yesterday, probably proves just how much the on pitch performance impacts a Villa Park crowd.

When we play poorly the atmosphere is not there, if the players get into a game the crowd can be fantastic, and they were for the last 20 minutes.

The one thing that frustrates me is the amount of people getting on the backs of the players when we pass the ball backwards. If you watch any good team they do this, recycle the ball through the back four and look to restart the attack. It's about retaining possession at times, a lot of our fans seem to think we should be attacking 100% of the time, and moving the ball forwards at all times.

I had a guy in front of me yesterday, must have been 75+ years old, absolutely howling profanities for 70ish minutes every time Mings passed even sideways. 

Was baffling. If there's nothing on there's nothing on!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, claretman said:

The pre-match music was ridiculously loud again.  It’s not bloody needed! 

Crazy train has to loud, rock should make your ears bleed 😘

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

Was a lot quieter at the start today than I was expecting. A later kick off, under the lights, after Monday's debacle. Was pretty subdued other than some half hearted booing of Utd when they came out and their early passes. 

Obviously their early goal and our general lack of possession sucked away what little enthusiasm there was. 

Obviously much better second half and electric when we equalised but I was suprised by the early atmosphere. 

I thought it started quite lively but the early goal and poor performance killed it. The more we got back into the game, the better the atmosphere got and it was great when we were all over them. The players are feeding the atmosphere but the fans need to feed the players when they are lacklustre.

Also our song variety isn’t great.

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I had a guy in front of me yesterday, must have been 75+ years old, absolutely howling profanities for 70ish minutes every time Mings passed even sideways. 

Lower Trinity? There was one bloke, I thought he  was going to explode when another sideways pass was played.

26 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Digne was on. Constantly.

Though I generally agree. If there more than 3 passes between the back 4 when we're losing everyone loses their shit. If we we're 1-0 we're 08 Barcelona.

Football fans are strange.

Atmosphere was pretty good but Emi's early mistake killed it until half time. 

The mumbles about keeping the ball end up translating to the players imo. Then the same people in the crowd go mad when we go long/try and thread a forward pass and give the ball away. Players can't win. 

Second half and especially the last 15 mins were great and matched the performance on the pitch.

Â