Pre Match Thread

maqroll

2 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

That's not true we had less injuries than most clubs last season. Only lost Jack for a large period of time. Most are starting 11 played 90% of matches they could.

Eh, that's simply not true.

Wesley? Ross Barkley? Matt Targett? Trezeguet??

Yikes, that starting XI is far weaker than I envisaged.

You wouldn’t think we’d sold a player for £100m in the summer, looking at the resources available.

Think this could be a struggle. Brentford have looked very organised so far this season.

2 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

You do realize their are websites where you can easily look up injury tables. Multiple teams are missing 5+ first teamers. We are going through a rough spell but nothing that multiple teams won't equally experience at some point during the season. 

Didn't Arsenal have 9 out injured last week

Tuanzebe’s chance. This is how it works. I know people will say “ ah the captain has to walk back in when fit “ Why ? You want nobody thinking their place is nailed on. Wish Carney the best too. Go stake your claim fellas.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

How long does a fractured rib keep you out for? Or should I ask, how long does a fractured rib at Aston Villa keep you out for?

Really just about pain tolerance. Usually 4-6 week to fully recover. 

• Like 1

Just now, est1874 said:

Eh, that's simply not true.

Wesley? Ross Barkley? Matt Targett? Trezeguet??

You saw Wesley and Barkley get injured during a game. Why would you use those as examples as to why you moan about what we do at bodymoor?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Bailey hasn't had a proper pre season. So not unusual to pick up little niggles and pulls. 

I would imagine you don't pay enough attention to other clubs to think we're the worst or abnormal. 

We currently have the most injuries in the Premier League, bar none. We're top of that table.

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

Yikes, that starting XI is far weaker than I envisaged.

You wouldn’t think we’d sold a player for £100m in the summer, looking at the resources available.

Think this could be a struggle. Brentford have looked very organised so far this season.

Only if you decided to ignore injuries. 

I mean it's pretty clear. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

You saw Wesley and Barkley get injured during a game. Why would you use those as examples as to why you moan about what we do at bodymoor?

It's called conditioning, use your critical faculties please and stop being obtuse.

*Though I accept Wesley's was a freak injury from a terrible tackle. But it was put to me that only Grealish was injured last season which was not true. 

Edited by est1874
  • Haha 1