Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

How much have the owners now invested in the club since they came here, when we were nearly bankrupt ?,

What is the balance between sold and brought in the time they have been here ?

Can we keep spending in this fashion ?

First of all Welcome Danny!! I said earlier this summer to mates if we were looking for a striker we should be in for Ings with his contract situation.... plus my missus family are all Saints fans 😁 Very happy with him signing and I think he will do well here. 

Just playing devils advocate here, with all the reports of it being done in a day pretty much,  Do we think Villa panicked and just slapped the money down on him or do we think he has been a target for a while? 

I would like to think that isnt the case of course and that we have been negotiating for him but have just decided to accelerate the deal due to the Grealish deal being a goer.

23 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I wonder

is this from Jacks £100m ?   Is there more players to come with that money ? or will the club the club put the £100m in the owners bank to repay some of their investment 

There's no way these owners would pocket the cash they want the club to be sustainable and I fully expect all the fee to be reinvested in the squad. If Ings was the start of that then there 70 to 75 million left to go

• Like 1

great signing, no risk in any way way, proven etc

high light of the day was watching SKY SPORTS NEWS talking about jack etc all day long , AND BOOM ! INGS  SIGNS , MADE SKY LOOK THE IDIOTS OF THE YEAR! 

THEY DID NOT HAVE A CLUE! THEY SHOULD SACK sheth!

for all we know jack might be staying! who knows,,kane is the only player that is pushing through a move,, jack is training with the villa.

WELCOME INGS, 

special mention to our owners.i have no words for them , the best thing to happen to our club ever UTV

2 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

There's no way these owners would pocket the cash they want the club to be sustainable and I fully expect all the fee to be reinvested in the squad. If Ings was the start of that then there 70 to 75 million left to go

jack has not been sold , it may happen , it may not! 

do  you trust ssn?

for all we know he might sign a contract tomorrow with ings & bailey unleashed 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cbr600rr said:

jack has not been sold , it may happen , it may not! 

do  you trust ssn?

for all we know he might sign a contract tomorrow with ings & bailey unleashed 

I love your optimism mate but there's too much smoke there. I fully expect him gone, but I'd love to be proved wrong 

Just now, RichiBoi11 said:

I love your optimism mate but there's too much smoke there. I fully expect him gone, but I'd love to be proved wrong 

me too , how ever when you see pic of him training with villa & talking with smith . 

kane on the other hand ...

lets just wait & see , villa are on the move 

7 minutes ago, vazquez said:

Good player, but we heavily overpaid (again), zero resale value in 2 years and bad injury record. Stinks of panic buy to me unfortunately. 100M will be burnt fast with these rates.

I think the pending grealish deal probably put another 10m on this deal but that's sometimes how it works.

I'm not sure transfers are as simple as you suggest. At the other end of the scale we bought Wes. Young lad, similar fee with no injury challenges. He's then spent a year on the sidelines, no goals of note and his resale value is probably 5m if not less.

If ings scores the goals that helps is replace Jack, it will be money well spent.

14 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Well we paid £25m for a proven PL striker who turned 29 last month… I think that’s great value. 
Also, why would we panic buy when we have until 31st August to buy players? 
This is a player Man City we’re considering to replace Aguero if the Kane thing doesn’t happen!

(Joelinton was £40m wasn’t he? And Haller was the same?)

Absolutely agree.

Kane and Lukaku both only 1 year younger yet both being sold (potentially) for circa £120-150M.......now lets talk about value for money!!

• Like 4

There’s a really nice side note here in that Ings’ age shouldn’t necessarily hold him back after he hits 30 as he’s not the type of player that relies solely on pace.

While he does have that quick burst of acceleration when required, his game is more about quality off the ball movement, excellent technical ability and (IMO) world class finishing.

I still have no concrete idea how we’re going to fit all of these players in to one team by who care? What a headache to have!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

There’s a really nice side note here in that Ings’ age shouldn’t necessarily hold him back after he hits 30 as he’s not the type of player that relies solely on pace.

While he does have that quick burst of acceleration when required, his game is more about quality off the ball movement, excellent technical ability and (IMO) world class finishing.

I still have no concrete idea how we’re going to fit all of these players in to one team by who care? What a headache to have!

I don't think we will be allowed to play them all at the same time :)

Edited by Robtaylor200

Good player, and we definitely needed someone to help rotate with Ollie - so it’s a positive signing.

£30m for a 29 yo with 1 year left on his contract and a bad injury record is steep - but it’s not my money. I wonder how much we’re paying him. It moved quickly - were Spurs really interested?

I am surprised it’s only a 3 year contract we’ve given him too.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, vazquez said:

Good player, but we heavily overpaid (again), zero resale value in 2 years and bad injury record. Stinks of panic buy to me unfortunately. 100M will be burnt fast with these rates.

Go back one page and look at my comparison to Harry Kane. Age, injuries and resale are not an issue here.

1 hour ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I wonder

is this from Jacks £100m ?   Is there more players to come with that money ? or will the club the club put the £100m in the owners bank to repay some of their investment 

i dont think so... £35m for Buendia, £30m, £25m for ings puts us around about where i would we would be spend wise anyway

the other thing of interest with those 3 is we had lined up maybe a £200k wage package for grealish so we had that money to spend, those 3 wont be miles over it at a guess, ings slightly over £100k, Bailey and Buendia £70k - 100K, chuck young in as well at around £60k i reckon

so we've potentially spent our transfer kitty and added £350k to the wage bill and now we're going to receive £100m and take £150k off the wage bill, and then we released heaton so take another £50k off the wages and sold engels for what its worth, maybe £230k off the wages, sell hourihane and then get some kind of money for wesley...

i've think we're in a very position money wise

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Yeah, it's almost like we're building a quality squad for the first time since...

Â