Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

49 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Strange he has signed for us to be honest, must be doubling his money or something. Arsenal, City, interest and I know Tottenham wanted him, such a random signing, but good.

Two or three other big clubs may have been ‘interested’ but we stumped up the no nonsense cash.

With one year left on Ings’ contract, at the end of August I suspect he might have been sold for £20m rising to £25m rather than the reported £25m with up to £5m in performance add-ons.

We could have saved ourselves up to £5m by waiting, but we wouldn’t have had him training with us for over a week before the season started, he’d already have missed 10% of our league games and one of the clubs you mentioned might have nabbed him first.

I don’t see it as a random signing. Despite our hopes, it’s becoming clearer that Wes and Keenan aren’t suitable to play a significant role in our top half aims. Ings is.

Part of me thinks that part of villa's thinking here is to screw city as payback for  poaching jack. Ings was very likely a cheaper fall back option if they didn't get kane - the blue moon forum had a thread in this. Alternatively, it may prevent spurs from selling kane to city as ings was also a realistic option for them to replace kane if he got sold to city.

Us buying ings kinda doubly screws city over in that regard

• Like 3

Trying to remember the last time a PL team announced a high profile signing of this ilk pretty much out of nowhere.  We sort of did it with Wesley two years ago but to he was a relative unknown player.  

• Like 3

Again great damn signing Villa, Ings will do good things,and I am feeling more and more confident about this upcoming season.

I **** love this club!

Off now to to go to grab some dinner

Good night all

Well this signing seems to have changed the mood.

A little surprised to wake up this morning and see that we’ve signed Ings, as I spat out my weetbix.

A few of us have been saying we needed a second striker, the argument seemed to stall around Abraham, but Ings is top quality.

He can take the pressure of Watkins, while helping him become a better player and the competition can only be good for the team.

I know what my next jersey purchase will be.

20 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Part of me thinks that part of villa's thinking here is to screw city as payback for  poaching jack. Ings was very likely a cheaper fall back option if they didn't get kane - the blue moon forum had a thread in this. Alternatively, it may prevent spurs from selling kane to city as ings was also a realistic option for them to replace kane if he got sold to city.

Us buying ings kinda doubly screws city over in that regard

I was just thinking the same thing. Long (well it feels like it) drawn out saga over Grealish making all the headlines, meanwhile we are just getting on with our shit in the background, that it potentially shits on some of City's other plans is simply icing on the cake.

Edited by TheStagMan

1 hour ago, zab6359 said:

Just woke up in Western Australia.......wow just fecking wow did not see this one coming!

Why, did you got to sleep in Birmingham? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Well this signing seems to have changed the mood.

A little surprised to wake up this morning and see that we’ve signed Ings, as I spat out my weetbix.

A few of us have been saying we needed a second striker, the argument seemed to stall around Abraham, but Ings is top quality.

He can take the pressure of Watkins, while helping him become a better player and the competition can only be good for the team.

I know what my next jersey purchase will be.

very important.....did u have 2 or 3??

59 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Danny Danny Danny

Ings Ings Ings

When you score

I want to sing sing sing*

*Yes I am a little inebriated 

Danny Ings

You signed out of nowhere

And

Er

We haven’t had time