Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

Genuinely chuffed with this signing. The fact that he was linked with City, Spuds etc, shows that we must have really sold the project to him. 

He's such a tidy player, too.. Technically gifted and with a real eye for goal. 

Having him gives us far more flexibility in how we play: it even brings 'the big man' type forward (Wes, Keinan) into contention again as another option to play alongside him if we're chasing a game. 

4 hours ago, zab6359 said:

He was 18mil?

I think you're getting your seasons mixed up bud. He had signed for £18m the season before, he almost certainly wasn't available for sale the season we came up. 

The fact we have him now, after he has gone on to score 1 in 2 missing only 11 games over the two subsequent seasons is phenomenal. 

2 hours ago, vazquez said:

Good player, but we heavily overpaid (again), zero resale value in 2 years and bad injury record. Stinks of panic buy to me unfortunately. 100M will be burnt fast with these rates.

You're entitled to your opinion that it's an overpay, but what do you mean by "again" in this context? Who have we overpaid for previously? 

The only real flop of this regime so far is Wesley, and there are mitigating circumstances. I can't actually tell you with any certainty whether he was/is a £20m footballer. You can argue we overpaid for Mings, but he has since gone on to blow that valuation out of the water. Other than that, I am struggling. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, vazquez said:

Good player, but we heavily overpaid (again), zero resale value in 2 years and bad injury record. Stinks of panic buy to me unfortunately. 100M will be burnt fast with these rates.

The club has just made £100 million profit on one player. They've invested a quarter of it on a proven goal scorer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nabby said:

I don't get the resale value argument , if all we care about is resale then that just makes us a stepping stone /selling club ? 

He is a proven goalscorer whose record over the last 2 year's is only bettered by Kane and Salah ( from open play ) and one year older than Kane and Lukaku who both look like moving for over 100 quid ...I think this is excellent business by us 

It's the same as people not wanting Ashley Young. Each signing needs to be judged on it's own merits, and whilst in the main we might want young players we can improve, you do also need players ready to hit the ground running, and at least a couple of experienced heads in a youthful squad.

Echo what people are saying like this signing.

Reminds me a bit of when Villa sold a superstar in Andy Gray then replaced him with a good solid pro in Withe.  Withe proved to be the better fit.

Â