Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

Wow.. still can’t believe the way this one happened. Been on Twitter every hour today due to the Grealish news and then AVFC alert pops up on my iPhone! Genuinely thought someone hacked the site and was messing with us!

Welcome Danny! 

1 minute ago, Amed said:

Wow.. still can’t believe the way this one happened. Been on Twitter every hour today due to the Grealish news and then AVFC alert pops up on my iPhone! Genuinely thought someone hacked the site and was messing with us!

Welcome Danny! 

lol ye, gotta say when i first opened this thread i thought it was a photoshop, i had to go and check it for myself.....

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Anyone seen that Gazza style goal Ings once scored?  If Grealish had done that we’d all have wet ourselves. 

yup, super impressive.

I saw a stream earlier where they were talking about Ings like an "old school forward", i dont think he's old school at all, from all the vids i have been watching he looks a really well rounded forward, got some skill, likes through balls, great control, eye for goal, works his butt off....

really looking forward to seeing our team this season, with Buendia, Watkins, Ings etc, the forward line is going to be a workhorse.

• Like 1

Well wasn't expecting that when I woke up this morning! Really came from nowhere and makes you wonder what else they have up their sleeves 

Can't imagine he will have signed to sit on the bench so maybe Smith is thinking of playing two up top or move Watkins to the left? Personally I'd prefer Watkins up top and another wide player to come in but it certainty gives us options and some quality in the squad.

Overall a solid signing 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Amed said:

Welcome Danny! 

Hahaha jumped on this thread literally to post this. Just occurred to me again we’ve signed what I think is the third most expensive player in our history and it just happened out of nowhere!

3 hours ago, zab6359 said:

This is the signing we should have made instead of Wes back in the summer after promotion to the PL, got there in the end.

Ings after that season would have been about £40m

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

thats greek god levels right there.....

Pfft, when I used to run, it would be six, with a cut up banana and honey, now I would look at that and feel full…

• Haha 1

For the tiny handful of people who are doubting this transfer due to Ings' age and injury record let's look at the last two seasons.

Danny Ings

Avg Games Played (Prem): 33

Avg Goals Scored (Prem): 17

Avg League Position of team: 13

Harry Kane

Avg Games Played (Prem): 32

Avg Goals Scored (Prem): 21

Avg League Position of team: 7

If he does a job for 3 seasons he'll have given us more time in our new Prem era than Jack did (who averaged 31 games FWIW).  Even two years is a long time in football, and I doubt we'll be thinking about the 25m we just spent come 2024.  Not every transfer in has to be about increasing value of an asset.  We're not some tin pot club who sells a 17 year-old for 25 million and retires their shirt.  We're Aston **** Villa.

If you think Tammy has a higher ceiling then fine (I don't agree art all), but don't make this about injuries or age.  Nothing wrong with bringing in proven experience given the relative youthfulness and inexperience of our squad.  This is not the MON era.

Edited by Vancvillan
  • Like 4

Â