Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Sometimes it’s not about resale value but the immediate qualities they bring and help develop the squad and the young players around them. He will hit the ground running, and bring so much to the team. 

This. We’re having a bit of a pay day with the Grealish transfer and we’ve made the decision that we can pay to bring in proven PL quality. It’s a deviation from the strategy of young and with potential but it’ll bring short term gains. 

16 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Sometimes it’s not about resale value but the immediate qualities they bring and help develop the squad and the young players around them. He will hit the ground running, and bring so much to the team. 

Yep, I highly doubt Man City are looking to spend circa £150m on Harry Kane to try and turn a profit on him. This is just how transfers work at times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cbr600rr said:

me too , how ever when you see pic of him training with villa & talking with smith . 

kane on the other hand ...

lets just wait & see , villa are on the move 

I definitely agree we mean business and are moving the right way. Whether he stays or goes we need to be less reliant on one player and more of a unit. Hopefully Bailey, Buendia and Ings are the start of that

Can't believe we have him - he's in his absolute prime. Someone posted a good twitter thread about Bailey's delivery - coupled with Buendia in the middle and potentially another from the left like Cantwell - Ings is going to get the best service of his career - and he's perfectly capable of creating something for himself. Where on earth do we put Watkins?

• Like 1

Great signing & forget his age he is a proven goalscorer for here and now - As above Kane will be 150m and get nowhere near that now its for what they bring NOW

im very very happy with this one - Well done Lange, Deano and NSWE

Having read the Athletic article on Ings I can see why he is preferable to Tammy. If we are to go with a player who plays a bit of a false 9 and drops deeper to collect possession the way England set up with Kane and wide forwards. Ings does that where Tammy is your sole CF leading the line.

So with Watkins and Bailey as the inside forwards and Ings the 9 who drops deep to collect the ball at times this gives us a new potent attack. 

Buendia has the tenacity and workrate for central midified. We need an improvement on the players who will play alongside him though. Luiz McGinn Sanson Nakamba aren't good enough in my view so a new signing there is needed before end of the Window I feel. 

You think this  move also forces other clubs hands, I think a lot of the big clubs were looking at Ings if they couldn’t get Haaland, Lukaku or Kane, now that option is off the table and we got a proven premier league striker at a snip they are all kinda up a creek without a paddle. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Having read the Athletic article on Ings I can see why he is preferable to Tammy. If we are to go with a player who plays a bit of a false 9 and drops deeper to collect possession the way England set up with Kane and wide forwards. Ings does that where Tammy is your sole CF leading the line.

So with Watkins and Bailey as the inside forwards and Ings the 9 who drops deep to collect the ball at times this gives us a new potent attack. 

Buendia has the tenacity and workrate for central midified. We need an improvement on the players who will play alongside him though. Luiz McGinn Sanson Nakamba aren't good enough in my view so a new signing there is needed before end of the Window I feel. 

Are you feeling a bit more positive about Ings now? 

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

Are you feeling a bit more positive about Ings now? 

Yes, makes sense to me now. I can see why he's preferable to Tammy in this team/squad.

We have overpaid for him though but sometimes you need to do that. 

• Like 1

Another positive about Ings is he scores more goals than his xG so he's a quality finisher, scoring more goals than he's expected to from the chances he's had. 

We should get 3/4 good years out of him and he'll always be of use off bench or starting games. Will be interesting to see how he does in a better squad. 

13 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I posted last night that bookies had us as favourites to sign him , so clearly a lot of people knew  

Apologies totally missed this - my fault for spending all my time in the Grealish thread over the last few days 😊

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Another positive about Ings is he scores more goals than his xG so he's a quality finisher, scoring more goals than he's expected to from the chances he's had. 

We should get 3/4 good years out of him and he'll always be of use off bench or starting games. Will be interesting to see how he does in a better squad. 

How have you gone from "worst signing in the club's history" to this in 24 hours? Damn, I guess David O'Leary was right 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

What I’m reading there is that we’ve got exceptionally good value from the Ings fee. And Man City are being rinsed for Kane. I love it! 

Especially considering that in the 19/20 season, Spurs finished 6 v Southampton 11th followed by Spurs finishing 7th and Southampton finishing 15th

what would Ings's goal tally have been if he had been playing for a team that hadn't been on the back foot most of the time?

Edited by Corleone

Â