Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

Ings looked nailed on to sit out the remainder of his contract here offering little. 
I bet the club couldn’t believe their luck when West Ham enquired.

It was the sort of stupid signing Gerrard would have made. Absolutely mental from West Ham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Ings looked nailed on to sit out the remainder of his contract here offering little. 

I think that's unfair. He definitely contributed in his time here. But selling is looking increasingly like it was the smart move for sure. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

I think that's unfair. He definitely contributed in his time here. But selling is looking increasingly like it was the smart move for sure. 

He did I agree, but he had a lot of miles on the clock and was going to offer less and less going forwards. We got very lucky with WH offering to buy him when they did.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Think it was a masterstroke selling him and getting him off the wage bill. I admit i waa concerned but a genius decision by unai. Hasnt really done much at west ham. Some of their fans are even saying it was a waste of money

Certainly helps us with summer spending as that will add a fair amount to FFP

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Think it was a masterstroke selling him and getting him off the wage bill. I admit i waa concerned but a genius decision by unai. Hasnt really done much at west ham. Some of their fans are even saying it was a waste of money

Certainly helps us with summer spending as that will add a fair amount to FFP

Why by unai?

Shit decision by purslow to sign him, great decision by unai to sell him... I dont get it

I thought the story was Ings asked to play more or sell him, the club agreed to move him on, FM style

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Why by unai?

Shit decision by purslow to sign him, great decision by unai to sell him... I dont get it

I thought the story was Ings asked to play more or sell him, the club agreed to move him on, FM style

Unai i think made the final decision said ollie will be number 1 and gambled by selling him and only having duran as cover.

Obviously if ollie got injured then this conversation could have been different 

I dont think ings was a shit signing he scored some important goals that gave us wins to keep us safe from a relegation dog fight. Just think we over paid

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Watkins stayed fit and we pushed up the table. In another scenario Watkins gets injured and we have zero senior strikers and flirt with relegation.

It was a high risk deal that we fortunately got away with.

Given Ings performances for us and West Ham I can see why Emery was willing to take the risk, but yeah, I was holding my breath every time Watkins looked slightly uncomfortable after a tackle.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Not really high risk. Watkins is never injured.

No player is never not injured all it takes ia a ben mee tackle and your ****.

We did get fortunate but i dont wantvto taks thag risk again this season. Ollie needs competition 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 03/04/2023 at 10:08, Genie said:

Everton actually wanted him in January aswell but were proposing a loan so was always going to West Ham once they offered 15m + 3 if they stayed up. Wonder if we put anything in the deal that we get extra if they win the Europa conference?

Leeds really should've gone all out to get him at that price. Instead they blew 30m on Rutter who couldn't even get off the pitch in their final five games.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Everton actually wanted him in January aswell but were proposing a loan so was always going to West Ham once they offered 15m + 3 if they stayed up. Wonder if we put anything in the deal that we get extra if they win the Europa conference?

Leeds really should've gone all out to get him at that price. Instead they blew 30m on Rutter who couldn't even get off the pitch in their final five games.

Not sure, he hasn't done a lot at West Ham. Not enough anyway to suggest he would have kept Leeds up

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Not sure, he hasn't done a lot at West Ham. Not enough anyway to suggest he would have kept Leeds up

I think he would have done more than rutter did though

Rutters been a utter flop

On 04/06/2023 at 09:15, Genie said:

Watkins stayed fit and we pushed up the table. In another scenario Watkins gets injured and we have zero senior strikers and flirt with relegation.

It was a high risk deal that we fortunately got away with.

I'm not sure we flirt with relegation but we would not have got Europe. 

I still think it was sensible thing to do. 

Â