Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Dont think he touched the ball when he came on yesterday. Can see West Ham shipping him out in January as was clearly a panic signing

Was very clear his legs was gone.

Possibly one of the worst decisions Purslow made.

Purslow just had way too much power for a CEO in terms of decisions on the footballing side.

Good riddence. I'm so glad we have moved on from Purslow

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I think Ings was there just to help with squad depth for the second half of the season when they were going deep in Europe.  He scored a couple of goals, made plenty of appearances and they stayed up comfortably and won a trophy. Clearly he's not pulled up many trees in London but I'm not sure he was ever expected to.  I'm sure they'll listen to any offers they get in January but I feel Ings has got one more Premier League move in him even if it's to join a relegation battle.  If you're a side like Palace or Brentford and he's available for somewhere in the region of £10m it might be worth looking at. 

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

I think Ings was there just to help with squad depth for the second half of the season when they were going deep in Europe.  He scored a couple of goals, made plenty of appearances and they stayed up comfortably and won a trophy. Clearly he's not pulled up many trees in London but I'm not sure he was ever expected to.  I'm sure they'll listen to any offers they get in January but I feel Ings has got one more Premier League move in him even if it's to join a relegation battle.  If you're a side like Palace or Brentford and he's available for somewhere in the region of £10m it might be worth looking at. 

At over 100k a week to play such a bit part role. I bet west ham fans feel short changed.  

Think he should take a decent money move at this point in his career. At 31, he's probably got one decent contract left and all the relegation teams in general have problems with their rickety defenders more than anything.

Saudi or MLS, set himself up well financially.

On 04/08/2021 at 19:20, Designer1 said:

5il6s2.jpg

Such a torrent of excitement and positivity on here when this was announced you (I assume you?) were compelled to create this. 

So much revisionist criticism of this signing after the event but it was almost unanimously welcomed at the time. 

• Like 1

Doubt he will move now, on £160000 per week and was quite a long contract they have him, think he’s got 2 years left in jan. Tbf to him If he got more minutes he would score, I’m surprised they didn’t throw benrahma and him on earlier knowing how much we’ve struggled when facing them at their older clubs of theirs

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Such a torrent of excitement and positivity on here when this was announced you (I assume you?) were compelled to create this. 

So much revisionist criticism of this signing after the event but it was almost unanimously welcomed at the time. 

well 2 years is a long time in football, players decline and opinions on players change due to ability changes

2 years ago Jorginho came 3rd in the Ballon Dor, Grealish and Sancho were the most exciting signings in the Premier League and Ngolo Kante and Chiellini were among the UEFA team of the year

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Best 15m we ever made.

Sunken fallacy, the outrage on here when someone took a 120k salary off our hands and paid us 15m for it.

Hilarious at the time.

More so in hindsight.

Think the outrage was more not signing a more experienced striker as cover for ollie. Huge gamble with duran if olliw got injured

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

well 2 years is a long time in football, players decline and opinions on players change due to ability changes

2 years ago Jorginho came 3rd in the Ballon Dor, Grealish and Sancho were the most exciting signings in the Premier League and Ngolo Kante and Chiellini were among the UEFA team of the year

I meant revisionism about his actual signing. Not how it turned out. 

11 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Best 15m we ever made.

Sunken fallacy, the outrage on here when someone took a 120k salary off our hands and paid us 15m for it.

Hilarious at the time.

More so in hindsight.

Ings was also the clubs’s top goal scorer at the time. How many fan bases do you think would react positively when selling the bloke who has scored the most goals midway through the season?

It proved to be the right thing to do, I’m glad the transfer happened. But it wasn’t without risk.

Unless you think it’s simply impossible for Watkins to have a Ben Mee like experience.

42 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Ings was also the clubs’s top goal scorer at the time. How many fan bases do you think would react positively when selling the bloke who has scored the most goals midway through the season?

It proved to be the right thing to do, I’m glad the transfer happened. But it wasn’t without risk.

Unless you think it’s simply impossible for Watkins to have a Ben Mee like experience.

Business is all about taking risks. You don't commit to 'losing' 15m and about likewise in wages on a 'what if' especially when at the time we were comfortable. Very comfortable.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Business is all about taking risks. You don't commit to 'losing' 15m and about likewise in wages on a 'what if' especially when at the time we were comfortable. Very comfortable.

It’s not like it would have been impossible to sell Ings in the summer (for a bit less, admittedly). We still could have made a few quid then.

So how many fan bases do you think would be happy about selling their top goal scorer half way through the season?

Â