Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

You just know ings is going to score past in few weeks but i wont hold that against him.

As othwrs have said 15m for a 30 year old injury prone player on very high wages it was best we sold as we are nit going down so its a gamble we can afford to take.

We got duran bailey and traore who can all play there if ollie gets a  injury.

For west ham though excellent business

5 hours ago, Nigel said:

Not for me, definitely the right decision to sell him.

I've not said it wasn't the right time to sell him however a few alluded to him being finished/injury prone/washed and used that as reasoning as to why it was right to sell him. 

Only reason to sell him was his short contract and high wages and getting good money back on what we've spent was too good to turn down. I agree  it was a good time to sell. 

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

I've not said it wasn't the right time to sell him however a few alluded to him being finished/injury prone/washed and used that as reasoning as to why it was right to sell him. 

Only reason to sell him was his short contract and high wages and getting good money back on what we've spent was too good to turn down. I agree  it was a good time to sell. 

I agree, but also that some fans were writing him off as done, an too old, to justify us selling him. 

He's quality, but it didn't work having 2 strikers.

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

The fact he’s scored a couple of goals doesn’t mean he isn’t on the decline. He was a poor signing for us IMO, but I wish him all the best because he’s a decent player. Selling him was a good bit of business all round, everyone has benefited.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LondonLax said:

We sold him when the time was right, when he still had some value to give another club. Not when he was passed it, crooked and stuck in our reserves on high wages. 

We should be doing more of this. 

We're so unused to mutually beneficial deals - especially when we're the selling club - that some fans struggle to process the idea and default to looking for 'who lost'. Nobody lost, and that's great!

• 3 weeks later...

He was not good at all vs us. Mings and konsa had him in their pocket all game.

I still maintain we did thw rught thing selling him at the time we did. West ham are now going to be stuck with a aging injury prone player on high wages nitvus

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Â