Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

Everywhere Ings has been he's scored some goals. He's done, y'know...alright; but I'm not sure he's been loved anywhere, he's no teams hero.

It's a strange career, he's a nice bloke and a good teammate by all accounts, but not the kind of player that seems to settle properly or seems to encourage a team to want to build around him. I dunno, he's a competent striker that can come up with a goal, but there seems to be a little something that's missing in terms of what he brings to a club. Perhaps he'll find that at West Ham, I wish him good luck anyway, but I have a feeling he'll score a few goals, do sort of okay and move on again without ever creating any sort of truly memorable period.

What is it that the kids say, low key not main character vibes?

Something like that anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 22/01/2023 at 08:00, OutByEaster? said:

Everywhere Ings has been he's scored some goals. He's done, y'know...alright; but I'm not sure he's been loved anywhere, he's no teams hero.

It's a strange career, he's a nice bloke and a good teammate by all accounts, but not the kind of player that seems to settle properly or seems to encourage a team to want to build around him. I dunno, he's a competent striker that can come up with a goal, but there seems to be a little something that's missing in terms of what he brings to a club. Perhaps he'll find that at West Ham, I wish him good luck anyway, but I have a feeling he'll score a few goals, do sort of okay and move on again without ever creating any sort of truly memorable period.

What is it that the kids say, low key not main character vibes?

Something like that anyway.

You don't need to look far in the Villa folklore to find the same player. Ings I think is better and is the better link up player and showed a surprising good range of passing if he had time (ball to Bailey x2, ball to Cash against Leeds) - but Darren Bent always scored wherever he went...but just didn't provide much else. A catch-22 - everyone needs a goal but can you sacrifice someone in your XI in the modern game? I think if only Bent and Ings had been born 10 years earlier, they would've been incredibly expensive. But in the total football age that the high level teams play, unaffordable to have a striker who can't do the other parts of the game now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Who didn't want to sell him? Own up right now. Name and shame.

Another reason to cut your assets while they still have some value! Most players depreciate hard once they're over 30 unless they've drank from the fountain of youth like Ashley Young.

Is there not a bit of an overration, I hope he's suffering no discomfort, but he's only out for a few weeks, he couldn't play for them this weekend in the FA Cup anway. I'm not even sure if theysig ned him as a starter, maybe more like a sub to get them a goal.

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Remember when a thread was opened to question our entire transfer strategy after news broke of Ings leaving……….it’s almost as if there’s just occasionally an overreaction round these parts…….

How Dare You GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Â