Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

Good player, but we don't have the squad or system to utilise his talent (finishing). He needs support or service and get neither with us.

If we still had the guile of Grealish or someone like JWP pinging 40 yarders onto his head he'd score a hatful, and I suggest he might do the same the West Ham with Benhrama providing the ammunition.

For us, he had Watkins who is selfish at the best of times with Buendia not quite hitting those through balls we were expecting.

• Like 2

The energy of Watkins and the finishing of Ings would make a great player, but as 2 individuals it doesn’t work.

Im glad we’ve got some money for him and I hope we have an experienced replacement lined up.

10 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

That goal at Brentford last season 🥹

We will miss his presence in the dressing room I think, seemed a good guy and proper team player. Top pro. Adios amigo

That the through ball then the left footed arrow into the corner? Lovely goal!

Some of these comments are baffling.  We didn't get the best out of him?  We couldn't find a way to fit him into our system?  Signing him was a mistake?   A goal every 136 minutes this season from mostly bit parts and cameos is one of the best records in the PL.  Only 5 or 6 players have done better and they are mostly regular starters.  I don't see getting £15m for him as good business if we can't replace the goals per game he provides.  He could have provided those goals for us for another two years, that would have given us more than enough  value for money on what he cost us.    

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

Wish him well… He scored goals for us and did what he was contractually meant to…

Never claimed we were the club of his life… We were merely employers…

Hope he does well going forth… Thanks for your hard work Danny!

Obsessed

Â