Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

It is strange timing; Ollie coming back from a knock our only available forward for the weekend with Archer on loan and Duran not completing the formalities yet. Hope Ollie steps up now; he didnt look great since the day Ings came through the door- maybe he’s one of those that needs to feel like he’s the only choice

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

All set for big jhon...

Doubt he'll even be in the squad.  Have no accountment yet on even passing his medical.

We have Bailey and Watkins (who limped off in the last game) for this weekend.

Edited by duke313

Do find it a tad funny to have gotten such a fee for him after the absolute certainty of people that nobody would go near him due to his age + contract, you can never really underestimate the money PL clubs are willing to throw around (Villa included).

The whole thing has been a weird one though, from his signing to now his sale. When he came in it just smacked of a panic move too soften the blow of Grealish, with no real plan on how to get the best out of him, and despite obviously being a quality player at this level he's just remained a spare part under three managers in a short time period. He's directly responsible for 4 points out of Emery's 13 since he came in though, so he obviously still had his uses albeit while not exactly fitting the system. Interesting move to let him go when it leaves Watkins as the only available striker in the squad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Doubt he'll even be in the squad.  Have no accountment yet on even passing his medical.

We have Bailey and Watkins (who limped off in the last game) for this weekend.

Yeah I don't think he will be either, MLS are on their season break so it's hard to imagine he'll be ready

Wonder if Wilson could make the bench... 16 years old, looks the bollocks at youth level but the step up is huge, wouldn't mind it think it'll be good for him but you wouldn't want another 15 minute injury to ollie

He doesn't really suit Emery's ideal plan and his pace has gone. Thank you for the goals Danny, shame he didn't get more of a shot last season, and earlier this season but it's a decent move, and one I'm fine with as I am super confident we would only sanction this once we had another option coming up. Obviously We've got the colombian fella but he's a bit raw to be the only option. There's someone else coming in, and soon. 

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

He doesn't really suit Emery's ideal plan and his pace has gone. Thank you for the goals Danny, shame he didn't get more of a shot last season, and earlier this season but it's a decent move, and one I'm fine with as I am super confident we would only sanction this once we had another option coming up. Obviously We've got the colombian fella but he's a bit raw to be the only option. There's someone else coming in, and soon. 

He doesn't suit Emery's Plan A, what about Plan B or C? Now we don't have that option.

Â