Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

100% agreed. It's either sell now or never. Maybe we could loan a replacement to the end of the season for short term cover.

Any club where their highest earner or earners aren't part of the starting 11 and sitting on the bench isn't a good luck IMO. And causes unrest with the players earning less yet are in the starting 11....  

There’s a good chance Digne, Ings and Coutinho will all be on our bench come Feb. That’s £415k a week in wages.

Im all for having a squad, but that’s just criminal mismanagement there. Moving Ings on is a start. Hopefully we can move the others on too if Unai doesn’t fancy them. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, WHY said:

Would agree 18 months ago but his legs have gone. Might as well recall Davis if we want someone to do the above. 

Yeah his finishing has gone to s*** but he can still be handful in final third. West Ham's slower build up this season hasn't helped him.

I did mention Fornals on here a while back as someone I rate but we have plenty of midfielders and swopping a CF for deep midfielder would be odd move.

We certainly need someone else in. Reminds me of 19/20 when as soon as Wes got injured we had no one else upfront for about 3 games and had to play El Ghazi and Trez up there.

Sell and take the 15 million. He’s 31 in July. I don’t see us getting the chance again to make good money from him. There are some big clubs in a relegation scrap at the moment. They’re desperate and panicked. They’re likely to be less desperate in the summer. He has a decent goals per minutes ratio for us but we’ve used him sparingly. And he offers little from open play. He was terrible against Leeds for example. His legs are totally gone. Add the money to the summer kitty or better yet, spend it now. 

If we sell there are always bargains to be had in the lesser european leagues that can lead the line.

You know, like Wesley or Samatta....

.. and if Watkins gets a long term injury, I'm sure we'll be fine, right?

Yeah - no thanks. We need to hold on to Ings.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

The question is have we got proven goal scorer to replace him ? I say no you can't rely on Duran a 18 year old huge risk and Watkins is not the answer either.

Zapata might be an interesting one.

Amazing scoring record in Serie A over last 5 years, Atalanta happy to loan him out and he's actually been linked to West Ham so assume that won't happen if they've made Ings their main target.

Everton and of course Forest also linked but he'd surely come here if we showed an interest.

Colombian so could be a smart pick up to help Duran settle in aswell.

Edited by VillaChris

3 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

If we sell there are always bargains to be had in the lesser european leagues that can lead the line.

You know, like Wesley or Samatta....

.. and if Watkins gets a long term injury, I'm sure we'll be fine, right?

Yeah - no thanks. We need to hold on to Ings.

Yeah, I think people are saying get rid as if it’s their own money they need to recoup. 
He’s our top scorer, we’d much further down the table without him. People saying we’re going to finish mid table…are you not worrying that we could be pulled back into trouble without his goals? 
We’ve sent Archer on loan, Watkins has lost his shooting boots, Durian is raw and untested, Bailey inconsistent. If we sell him, I hope we’ve got someone else lined up. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, messi11 said:

He's not part of our best starting 11.... Or our future plans. Sell whilst he's hot. Otherwise we're stuck with him 

I can't disagree with the first three comments.  The issue is what happens if Ollie's injury the other night flares up again in the next match as he is out for 2 months?  We're 6 points off 6th place.  Can we really rely on a teenager who hasn't kicked a ball in the PL or any of the other top 5 domestic leagues yet?  You'd think we are safe from getting dragged into the relegation battle but teams have dropped into trouble before with a similar number of points at this stage of the season.

IF we can get in a replacement then I would agree it looks like a great deal.  Maybe Duran is the answer and he's been signed because we knew that Ings was on his way.  But I'd like to have a bit more cover in first (or very quickly thereafter).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FWIW, a well respected ITK on a West Ham forum is saying a deal is close and the fee is agreed.

Can see this happening by the end of the week. If a fee is agreed, it means the player is open to the move and the buying club have been encouraged to bid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

I do question our decision making at times, I really do. 

I agree. 

It was a panic buy at the time and nothing he’s done since has changed my mind. 

Ings was not the right signing for Villa at the time. It was a major factor in why Smith lost his job trying to shoehorn him into a system he wasn’t familiar with. 

Ings isn’t a bad player but he wasn’t the right fit back then and he isn’t the right fit now. 

Get rid and invest in the future. Back the scouts. Back the manager. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The wrong decision was paying so much on a player we had no idea how to use. To this day I'm convinced we bought him solely because he was the most high profile player we could conditionally sign to immediately wheel out to soften the blow when we flogged Grealish.

Take every penny we can claw back and run

So, so true. 

It's pretty evident that Ings doesn't really fit into an Emery system. At this stage, he's never going to be a regular in our first 11. He probably knows that too so I would guess he's open to a move which is fair enough.

I do like Ings but I think we can find a player that suites an Emery system better. 

• Like 1

I don't dislike Ings at all, but personally, I would cash in now and find a replacement. All three teams in the relegation zone have expressed interest, I'd take full advantage of that and let them battle it out for him. Can see us getting a better fee now than in the summer.

Â