Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Don't think so, I think it's more a case that when bundesliga teams decide to move on they don't then take the piss with the transfer fees, if they can get a replacement or alternative then they just kind of let it happen for a sensible price 

Leverkusen sold brandt to Dortmund for £22m for example because they got diaby, you could even argue £62m for havertz isn't crazy money for a star player international but they've got Wirtz coming through 

If they've lined someone else up then yeah it could happen for a reasonable figure 

Is this deal being commented on in Germany mate

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Bloody hell. What a difference a new link makes

That is correct. 

I think you'll find my optimism raises when there is good news or links coming out and lowers when there is not so good news or links. Quite normal really and doesn't make me any less of a fan.

I'm sure you'll be gutted with the link though seeing as you think we only need two squad players at most.

14 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Which Daily Mail article? The tweets are from 4 days ago

My bad, sorry!  I looked at his reply tweet and it was posted an hour ago but the original tweet was 5 days ago as you said, which I just saw after your response. 

So they put the original tweet out, somebody asked a question same day but they didnt reply until today and I didnt look at the dates of the original tweet only the final tweet.  Sorry mate!

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I'm sure you'll be gutted with the link though seeing as you think we only need two squad players at most.

Total bollocks. I don't discount some of our players or youth coming through like others do 

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Is this deal being commented on in Germany mate

Nothing yet 

Got football tonight and there's usually at least one leverkusen fan so I'll try and ask him

The main leverkusen reports are that they've got a new manager, finished last season poorly and the squad in general needs freshening up 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Nothing yet 

Got football tonight and there's usually at least one leverkusen fan so I'll try and ask him

The main leverkusen reports are that they've got a new manager, finished last season poorly and the squad in general needs freshening up 

If he can get a message to the player I am near the airport Friday afternoon and could pick him up and drive him to Bodymoor. Would have to get  a lift back though as got my AA meeting later

• Like 1

This is a real FIFA signing for me. A player I always go for, but usually only after I have won the premier League or champions league and for more than twice the figure being quoted! Amazing if this happens, he is also quite two footed, similar to Grealish, so no problems if he wants to cut in from either wing, or putting in crosses. I'm particularly excited by his pace and finishing!

9 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Wouldn't be great news if he has inside knowledge - given the context of his tweet is with respect to Jack going to City.

It could be that he is closer to the Bailey transfer then the Grealish one and is just guessing based on media reports. I think Grealish will stay and the latest wave of media news seems to swing that way as well. 

Who scored seems to show that Bayer mostly played 4-3-3 last year, with Wirtz as an 8 even though he's been pushed into a 10 role at times, not too dissimilar to how we know Dean likes to play his midfield.

As such Bailey has mostly played on the right, which is where most of his goals and assists have come from but has his weaknesses down as Defensive contribution. He did score 2 from 2 games as a CAM so has good output if limited time at that position.

Be an interesting one, he suits a RW more and a hell of an upgrade on Traore but still has the limitation of his defensive capability, Buendia suits the RW too & has a great defensive capability, so would be a surprise to see Buendia CAM considering his outstanding asset is his workrate and back tracking.

Similarly, LBs output on the left wasn't as good as on the right, I assume because he cuts in from right onto his left to score. We know from Jack that Dean would like to play people where they are most effective ('LW is where you get your goals and assists Jack!') so an interesting one to see how we would line up.

Whilst They can all play anywhere across the 3 , we'll go in with an idea of how they will play first and foremost and where they'll be positioned. 

Exciting link and gives us options be interesting to see how we line up with them

1 hour ago, Villa_Vids said:

You still engaging with those clowns!? 

Yeah pop a comment the odd time. Unsurprisingly many are saying Bailey to sign means Grealish off lol

Saw this gem of a comment in the mix 

"Villa fans don't rate their Manager at all, he could be gone by Xmas if they don't start well.
No chance in hell that Villa finish top 6, absolutely no chance"

Looking a bit more about Leon Bailey and came across these...the link on the tweet doesnt work anymore but any truth to the link that he was £85m 18 months ago and £80m two years ago on the second tweet

Â