Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Think the aim is having a 3 who can rotate positions. So a Jack, Buendia, Traore + 1 more. Bert is left footed as is Bailey, then Buendia and Jack right footed. 

Jack Buendia and Bailey all can play LF RF or AMC

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Honestly, his stats and his age and at that price seems too good to be true. Plus he'd be going from starting for a club playing in the europa league to come to us and the daily mail article didn't mention him having any desire to leave. I think this is bull tbh.

The balloon commences it’s deflation! Come on man. Get excited and ride the wave for a bit before dousing us all with realism. Johan has got this!

I hope the rumours are true, this is an exciting signing, good in tight spaces, direct and plays heads up football, also handy in dead ball situations.

As some have already stated, if he signs Grealish will most likely play more centrally.

• Like 1

Bailey - Grealish - Buendia

God knows which side/position those 3 would end up playing, but that behind Watkins is a top 4 quality front 4. 

I'm so excited about this season, whether this signing comes off or not. It's clear now that we won't be looking to start Traore next season, who would be an excellent option off the bench. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So to all those wondering why some are less keen on El Ghazi and keep pointing to his goal stats thinking everyone is mad not to rate him.  These are their comparative stats for PL and Bundesliga:

El Ghazi - Goals 10, assists 0

Bailey - Goals 9, assists 8

Thats what other people want to see.  Scoring goals AND creating for others. 

Assists depends on the finishing though. People forget El-Ghazi is a £7million squad player. That's the point.

However Leon Bailey at £30million is a no brainer. It's an absolutely stunning signing if we pull it off. Spending £30m or more on Dwight McNeil doesn't make financial sense we're better off with AEG in that respect. But Leon Bailey even at £40m is worth it.

Leon Bailey wow. Top top player. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

So, is this a good front 4?

-----------------------Watkins------------------------
Grealish----------Buendia--------------Bailey

🤩

Absolutely effing deadly. I prefer 4 3 3 , but with that line up 4 2 3 1 might grow on me.

Edited by Sulberto21

Just now, TheMightyVillans said:

This would be a statement signing. Bigger than buendia. Price seems too good to be true though.

Agree, though it'll probably be a starting price. Certainly an upgrade from our ESR interest who probably would have cost the same amount, that's my opinion anyway.

Â