Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

6 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Most exciting link of the summer so far. Young, blistering pace (which we need), skilful, proven in a top league, coming off his best season stats wise (much like Buendia). Would be a fantastic signing but whilst Preece is usually quite reliable, we don't really know if this has gone anywhere yet.

If we did get him, then our front 4 next season starts to look pretty damn good especially with the likes of Traore and AEG (if he stays) coming off the bench.

Bloody hell. What a difference a new link makes

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Either this account knew an agent was about to use us to drum up interest, or we are genuinely in for him. Seems too random to not be connected, and the date of the tweet gives it some clout too!

What a signing this lad would be.

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Preece did an extended Q&A session yesterday and didn't mention anything about Bailey.  Now, another paper mentions him and Preece is all over the story...  To me, it shows he knows fook all, if anything...

Preece gets fed scraps from the club

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Preece did an extended Q&A session yesterday and didn't mention anything about Bailey.  Now, another paper mentions him and Preece is all over the story...  To me, it shows he knows fook all, if anything...

He clearly didn't know anything reading his tweet about it, but he's never struck me as a guy who just bandwagons other journalists links. I've seen a few occasions where he's shot them down stating they're made up, but he's specifically name checked the guy as reliable and believes there's some truth in it.

2 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Either this account knew an agent was about to use us to drum up interest, or we are genuinely in for him. Seems too random to not be connected, and the date of the tweet gives it some clout too!

What a signing this lad would be.

Yes the tweet is 5 days ago in reference to the German winger, so if it is Bailey then he definitely has inside knowledge from someone. There were no links to villa being interested in German wingers this window until today. 

• Like 1

Buendia and Bailey would make this an electric window.  They're both Champions League club quality, and exactly what we need to keep putting points on the board when Jack picks up his yearly injury this season.  

• Like 2

Just now, Made In Aston said:

Yes the tweet is 5 days ago in reference to the German winger, so if it is Bailey then he definitely has inside knowledge from someone. There were no links to villa being interested in German wingers this window until today. 

Wouldn't be great news if he has inside knowledge - given the context of his tweet is with respect to Jack going to City.

31 minutes ago, sidcow said:

People saying it seems too cheap, but are Bundesliga clubs suffering from Covid losses?   They might be desperate to raise cash. 

The PL is fairly unique in that so much more of our income comes from The Tellybox.  

Don't think so, I think it's more a case that when bundesliga teams decide to move on they don't then take the piss with the transfer fees, if they can get a replacement or alternative then they just kind of let it happen for a sensible price 

Leverkusen sold brandt to Dortmund for £22m for example because they got diaby, you could even argue £62m for havertz isn't crazy money for a star player international but they've got Wirtz coming through 

If they've lined someone else up then yeah it could happen for a reasonable figure 

Â