Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

I like the fact Bailey is at Villa and we have a link with the Phoenix academies.

However, Villa first and foremost. Watching these videos and the way his Dad comes across is a bit of a car-crash and makes me feel slightly uneasy, I don't know why.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

His Dad has had his Academy for decades and his YouTube Channel way before Villa.

Should he shut down his efforts to bring light to Jamaican Footballers, and give opportunities to Inner City youth for fear of " annoying " a few Villa fans?

Everything he says and does re Villa is positive. He also deeply loves Football.

If they had a problem with him I'm sure they would make it known.

It's quite easy to just ignore his YouTube Channel if he annoys people.

I hardly watch his videos myself, but I appreciate what he does.

I think fans overthink stuff.  As long as Bailey does the business on the pitch who cares what his dad does on his YouTube channel. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

His Dad has had his Academy for decades and his YouTube Channel way before Villa.

In fairness if he’s been signed up to YouTube since before 1874, I think it’s hard to have too many complaints.

Would hope there’s one or two videos on his channel discussing skin care, because he’s looking pretty good for a man of his advanced years.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think fans overthink stuff.  As long as Bailey does the business on the pitch who cares what his dad does on his YouTube channel. 

I also think you have fans who see people like LaVar Ball and what he’s done and get hesitant around someone else who is so hands-on. Especially when it’s involving their own team.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Should he shut down his efforts to bring light to Jamaican Footballers, and give opportunities to Inner City youth for fear of " annoying " a few Villa fans?

Everything he says and does re Villa is positive. He also deeply loves Football.

I think Craig is ace. Huge football fan and deeply cares for his players from what i have seen .  And its obvious that Leon respects and loves him hugely .  By him doing things a little differently to everyone else Leon got a football career at the highest level in Europe. That is to be admired and not questioned i reckon 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

In fairness if he’s been signed up to YouTube since before 1874, I think it’s hard to have too many complaints.

Would hope there’s one or two videos on his channel discussing skin care, because he’s looking pretty good for a man of his advanced years.

I left myself open to that one. lol

What I meant is, before him or Leon Bailey had anything to do with villa.

Also, not that it means much economically, but it also presents Aston Villa to a generation of Caribbeans which have been skipped.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Nothing at all wrong with the content here. He has an obligation to follow up to see if there is any interest in his players. The only issue I have is the 35 unread messages. 

Aside from Johans shit English.

It catched my eye.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Also, not that it means much economically, but it also presents Aston Villa to a generation of Caribbeans which have been skipped.

The issue for me he breached confidentiality. Maybe Villa does not care about any of the student players and Lange was being polite.  But if they did, I am sure they would not want it all over the internet. On the other hand if Mr Butler is acting as an agent for his academy this is fair enough. But he may be putting is relationship with Villa at risk.

Craig Butler is a driven individual who will do his best to make sure his players perform at their best. He also wants Villa to succeed (see initial reveal videos) exact words were "win the championship together". Or Bailey will be off. (Fair enough if we don't match his goals).

Eccentric yes but brilliant for his players and atm he's useful for us.

I thought the number 11 at the Phoenix Academy looked very good he definitely catched my eye.

I originally mentioned the Lavar Ball vibes and the similarities are there. 

But whilst Lavar Ball is seen as a pain in the neck, ultimately he has developed his own brand and has all 3 of his children playing in the NBA. 

So I'm prepared to cut this guy some slack. 

20 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Who am I to stop him promoting his academy, it’s a free country.

However he is Leon’s agent too and we have seen before how playing to the masses and discussing contracts, targets and his assumptions in a public forum is not the way the club works.  It also puts pressure on LB for outside motives.

I get most in the modern era are used to social media exposing everything, I don’t think this does anyone any favours except his Step-Dad and his Academy.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, reading the messages after mine and the sharing of private messages, it appears I am not the only one nervous about his old man.

Even more so now, a word in his shell like might be needed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Well Papa Bailey was incorrect, seeing as he didn't play at the weekend...

I assume he didn't play as he lacked sharpness. No idea

Yeah assumed he was left out for that reason and not worth taking the risk when we have this international break. 

I really hope he's available for the Chelsea game. 

• Like 1

Â