Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Craig Butler in an Interview about Jamaica's last abysmal performance.

Interviewer : " Craig, if your son Leon was fit and played, would we have done better? "

Butler: " Yes, we would have done better, because there is no way Leon would sit back, not press, and try to burst forward to make something happen. He would also be encouraging the other players to do the same, because that is what he is about. 

He knows he is a son of Africa, he knows what he is designed for, to be stronger, faster, run at and destroy opposition players "

Sounds like something out of a Sci - Fi movie, he is the ultimate hype man 🤣. Seek and destroy Leon! ( Well he's got to be fit first 🤦🏿 )

Frankly I love the attitude and its making me more hyped about seeing him again 😆

• Like 4

Fun and jokes aside.

Craig Butler's football philosophy seems to align with Deanos. I garnered this when listening to the interview ( re Jamaica ) he makes very valid points about or system.

Points out that with the type of players we have ( speed and athleticism ) we should be high pressing and relentless in a 4 - 3 - 3. Using our speed and dynamism to our advantage.

Wonder if his/phoenix philosophy also aligning with Deans was a consideration they took when joining Villa as well.

Jamaica would do well with him in our setup.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

We really need him this Saturday against Chelski

I presume given he was only supposed to play the middle game and was deemed unfit he's probably still a major doubt. Perhaps 30 minutes off the bench if he's back now in the country.

Can't wait until he gets a run of games, think you'll see a different dynamic for us in final third particularly if Ollie is out there aswell.

18 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Interviewer : " Craig, if your son Leon was fit and played, would we have done better? "

Butler: " Yes, we would have done better, because there is no way Leon would sit back, not press, and try to burst forward to make something happen. He would also be encouraging the other players to do the same, because that is what he is about. 

He knows he is a son of Africa, he knows what he is designed for, to be stronger, faster, run at and destroy opposition players "

Sounds like something out of a Sci - Fi movie, he is the ultimate hype man 🤣. Seek and destroy Leon! ( Well he's got to be fit first 🤦🏿 )

This is absolutely terrifying. Our start to the season has already resembled that of a travelling circus, the last thing we need is another clown piping up every time we put in a shit performance. 

Hopefully he is more reserved when it comes to Leon's employer. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

This is absolutely terrifying. Our start to the season has already resembled that of a travelling circus, the last thing we need is another clown piping up every time we put in a shit performance. 

Hopefully he is more reserved when it comes to Leon's employer. 

That's exactly what I thought.

Have to be honest - I haven't liked one thing that has come out of the Bailey circus since we signed him. There's a lot of background noise and wonkily affixed pictures on walls. He's more Ivo Stas than anything at the moment, with the sounds of laughing in the background. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

We need to see him on the pitch, fit and finding form in the Premier League. Everything else is just noise. 

Copy and paste this post onto every first team player's thread. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

31 minutes, one assist. He has already started well. Just the injuries is negative 

My Dad messaged to say he reminds him of another Jamaican, Daniel Sturridge, with all the talent in the world, but already injured.

I ignored the message, as I refuse to invite that negativity and/or omen into mine, now villas life....

It seems pacey and explosive players do get injured alot though doesn't it?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

On 08/09/2021 at 04:42, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He seems to have a very high opinion of his son. Whilst commendable, I hope he doesn't end up criticising the club or our other players in the future if we're not performing well on the pitch. 
He's already labelled us as a stepping stone, which fans seem to be ok with (I thought it was a bit of an odd comment). Reminds me of the competitive dad chap off the Fast Show.

Edited by Delphinho123

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

My Dad messaged to say he reminds him of another Jamaican, Daniel Sturridge, with all the talent in the world, but already injured.

I ignored the message, as I refuse to invite that negativity and/or omen into mine, now villas life....

It seems pacey and explosive players do get injured alot though doesn't it?

Raheem Sterling isn't injured very often is he? Pacy and Jamaican ;)

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He seems to have a very high opinion of his son. Whilst commendable, I hope he doesn't end up criticising the club or our other players in the future if we're not performing well on the pitch. 
He's already labelled us as a stepping stone, which fans seem to be ok with (I thought it was a bit of an odd comment). Reminds me of the competitive dad chap off the Fast Show.

I highly doubt that, in fairness, he is a locally respected Jamaican Football personality, who was being interviewed about the Jamaican football setup. So gave his thoughts and answered the questions he was asked. ( Yes, he is very dramatic though ). In fairness, the Jamaican team pretty much seemed to have played the way he suggested yesterday, and we were a million miles better.

Re the" Stepping Stone " bit. I've seen a couple of people mention this, but i've seen nothing of the sort from them, unless i've missed it?

The closest thing I've seen to this, is him saying that this is a good next step, or THE right " next step " in Leons career? I've mentioned a few times, that he is always very complimentary when talking about Villa, and the history etc.

There was also a quote of him saying " 1 of 2 things will happen, Leon will thrive with Villa, and move on to a Champions level club, Or Leon will thrive with Aston Villa, and they will become Champions together".

I didn't expect them to walk in singing " My Old Man said " . lol

Unless i've missed something, I don't see how the quotes have evolved into him straight up saying we are a Stepping stone? I'll gladly hold my hands up if proven wrong though.

After all, " Mr. Aston Villa " was trying to run backwards up the escalator for years!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â