Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

On 08/09/2021 at 04:42, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Craig Butler in an Interview about Jamaica's last abysmal performance.

Interviewer : " Craig, if your son Leon was fit and played, would we have done better? "

Butler: " Yes, we would have done better, because there is no way Leon would sit back, not press, and try to burst forward to make something happen. He would also be encouraging the other players to do the same, because that is what he is about. 

He knows he is a son of Africa, he knows what he is designed for, to be stronger, faster, run at and destroy opposition players "

Sounds like something out of a Sci - Fi movie, he is the ultimate hype man 🤣. Seek and destroy Leon! ( Well he's got to be fit first 🤦🏿 )

I hope he becomes the son of Aston, where the carribean population is Generous.....that should make him feel at home.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 08/09/2021 at 04:42, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Craig Butler in an Interview about Jamaica's last abysmal performance.

Interviewer : " Craig, if your son Leon was fit and played, would we have done better? "

Butler: " Yes, we would have done better, because there is no way Leon would sit back, not press, and try to burst forward to make something happen. He would also be encouraging the other players to do the same, because that is what he is about. 

He knows he is a son of Africa, he knows what he is designed for, to be stronger, faster, run at and destroy opposition players "

Sounds like something out of a Sci - Fi movie, he is the ultimate hype man 🤣. Seek and destroy Leon! ( Well he's got to be fit first 🤦🏿 )

I can just see Leon being so explosive for us that he will catch this league off guard. The guy is creative at extreme speeds and it's tough to find that for the price we paid for him. In reality I am very shocked still that his previous club let him go for as cheap that did,but I'm delighted they did.

If were on the counter and we have yard to run, he's certainly going to be the one you want to give the ball to which may make him a target and he may draw multiple players to try shut him out of the game. Thing is I've seen him on screen, where he can take on two or even three players and expose the tight gaps and enclosed spaces that opponents think they have him boxed him into.

Leon is not a player to be messed about with hes Dangerous. I read something stating Baileys stats for Leverkusen when he were 23 year old were better than what Grealish stats with us when he were 23 the same age as Leon. If so and it's TRUE that's very frightening in how capable he is and once he's playing and making his mark, we won't even notice Grealish is not around anymore.

Edited by Dave-R

7 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Ollie - Ings - Bailey even more so! Things are starting to look up now.

I thought Ollie was injured, but you're right. Though I think Anwar deserves to keep his place after his last 2 showings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

I thought Ollie was injured, but you're right. Though I think Anwar deserves to keep his place after his last 2 showings.

Apologies you may be right, but you highlight a really good point. We are really going to have some selection headaches this season, especially with El Ghazis seasonal purple patches, the emergence of younger players such as Philogene Bidace and also because now we have tactical options rather than having to go 451/433 like last season.

I really do think Bailey is going to be the jewel in the crown though, he has proven himself at the highest level. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Apologies you may be right, but you highlight a really good point. We are really going to have some selection headaches this season, especially with El Ghazis seasonal purple patches, the emergence of younger players such as Philogene Bidace and also because now we have tactical options rather than having to go 451/433 like last season.

I really do think Bailey is going to be the jewel in the crown though, he has proven himself at the highest level. 

We have Traore too! 

I hope Dean doesn’t gamble on his fitness Saturday, for me he’s 100% or he doesn’t start. We don’t need to risk him against Chelsea, we need him for Everton the following week and I would hate for him to tweak his hamstring in a game we are unlikely to get much from and end up missing more games.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I hope Dean doesn’t gamble on his fitness Saturday, for me he’s 100% or he doesn’t start. We don’t need to risk him against Chelsea, we need him for Everton the following week and I would hate for him to tweak his hamstring in a game we are unlikely to get much from and end up missing more games.

Very true. I think we'll see him in the second half for 20 or 30 mins. 

• Like 1

Â