Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

4 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

Utterly bizarre post I’m afraid @lexicon  the original poster was correct on all points in my opinion, it’s totally bizarre that you choose to respond in the manner that you did. IMO 

No, not at all - it completely ignored the bigger picture and the valid reasons as to why Bailey struggled to settle.

Now the record has been altered slightly from 'well I'm still not convinced' to 'well he's only done it for half a season' because giving him praise is obviously far too difficult for the ego to handle.

It just makes you both look ridiculous.

He has transformed how he plays. No alleys gone down any more. Seems he has been working with our striking coach based on how different he is now in how much more composed he is when he shoots and also how he drives forward with the ball. Every single game is he is a threat. Used to be 1 in 5 games. 

He is so good. Seems like a lovely guy as well. Can't believe how much shit he's gotten over the years. Fair enough in regards to his form, but his mentality and temperament has been unfairly called into question too often. To get himself into this kind of form after how long he's been playing out of form is quite the triumph of mentality and resolve if nothing else.

• Like 1

Starting to do it as a player that starts matches. My biggest gripe with Bailey has always been his inability to play well when he starts games. He’s always been decent coming on at home against tired legs but been dreadful away from home.

I still think he has to show more form away from home but I must admit, he looks very, very good right now. His close control and ability to run at pace whilst dribbling is commendable. He just looks so dangerous and deadly right now.

For people like me, who have always rated him and said he’d come good, this is vindication. Sometimes, you just have to believe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â