Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

8 minutes ago, AV82 said:

With all due respect when he has been on the pitch it's been largely SHIT so he can do one.

I think that is pretty unfair! He was injured most of last season, from the LIMITED gameplay he has had this season he has looked OK, but he is a winger, you need to play him in his favoured position.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Leicester are selling one of the highest rated defenders in Europe to one of the richest clubs in Europe in the richest league in Europe.

We would be selling someone who can't get a game for Villa is not going to a powerhouse team and isn't really desirable based on lack of performance and serious question marks on his ability and fitness.

Mate.

In your opinion and most of this is just a crock of shit.  Fofana has flown to the US to have his medical because of the concerns over his injury.

Bailey has played pretty much all of preseason and has been match fit for all the games this.  The price is what people are willing to pay and Ajax have money.

Frankly, your making stuff up and your wrong.  

MATE 👌

Edited by macandally

Don’t want him sold one bit, but that said if we can get £40mill +  and then replace him with say Martin Terrier I would be alright. We need to buy low sell high - not buy high sell low. If this summer we can make a profit and replace without weakening the side then so be it. 

Edited by thabucks

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Don’t want him sold one bit, but that said if we can get £45 mill  and then replace him with say Martin Terrier I would be alright. We need to bug low sell high - not buy high sell low. 

We don’t buy high sell low.

We buy high loan to turkey paying their wages. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Delphouneso said:

Guy's done far less in a Villa shirt than Bertie who most seemed happy to let go. Gerrard needs to go for a whole bunch of reasons but Bailey's Dad/agent being a plonker isn't one of them.

He's started 9 premier league games. I think he probably deserves a proper chance before we allow Gerrard to ruin him. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

We don’t buy high sell low.

We buy high loan to turkey paying their wages. 

Haha yes good point ! We missed a chance to cash in on McGinn as his value must’ve halved compared to a year ago. IF Ajax want Bailey and offer us the cash we demand then I’d sell and replace. 

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He's started 9 premier league games. I think he probably deserves a proper chance before we allow Gerrard to ruin him. 

I don't think we should sell him - far from it - I just think it's a weird thing to bash Gerrard for. Bailey hasn't exactly been setting the world alight in his cameos, not enough to warrant his dad/agent calling out Gerrard/the club in public anyway. As I already said, there are plenty of legitimate reasons to criticise Gerrard, this probably isn't one of them.

Edited by Delphouneso

1 hour ago, AV82 said:

With all due respect when he has been on the pitch it's been largely SHIT so he can do one.

He doesn’t want to leave - that’s just Twitter nonsense. The Dutch press just named him as a possible target for Ajax that’s all. 

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

IT IS SPELLED "BUENDIA", NOT "BEUNDIA"!

What's that got to do with anything. This is the Bialey thread!

As for his stepda, villa stood by him and kept paying him after he injured himself kicking the ball a bit hard so he can stfu while we choose when and how much to play him now he's fit  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Delphouneso said:

I don't think we should sell him - far from it - I just think it's a weird thing to bash Gerrard for. Bailey hasn't exactly been setting the world alight in his cameos, not enough to warrant his dad/agent calling out Gerrard/the club in public anyway. As I already said, there are plenty of legitimate reasons to criticise Gerrard, this probably isn't one of them.

As I said earlier, I think a big part of the moaning from his dad is about how he's used. 

12 minutes ago, Delphouneso said:

The bashing is because people feel he’s being played out of position whenever he is played, in a system they clearly doesn’t suit him. If people are calling for him to be fired (raises hand) in this thread it’s because they believe there’s still a lot of potential with Bailey and it’s just another issue added to SG’s problems.

34 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

As I said earlier, I think a big part of the moaning from his dad is about how he's used. 

23 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

The bashing is because people feel he’s being played out of position whenever he is played, in a system they clearly doesn’t suit him. If people are calling for him to be fired (raises hand) in this thread it’s because they believe there’s still a lot of potential with Bailey and it’s just another issue added to SG’s problems.

Fair points. I think Craig Butler is more out of line than Gerrard in this particular situation though, and once (fingers crossed) Gerrard is gone Butler is still going to be here and allowing his (super unprofessional) behaviour to go uncriticised now because it suits the anti-Gerrard narrative won't bode well for us in the long run.

And FWIW it would be utter madness for the club to sanction any sales of first teamers whilst the manager's position is this tenuous.

• Like 1

Â