Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

14 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

So I guess he was actually still injured last season then.

I'm not so sure still injured is the right term. I think the confidence in his hamstrings just weren't there. It seemed like he was going at 80% every time rather than putting the accelerator all the way down. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Did he play as part of a 2 with Watkins? or was he as a 10 with Buendia?

In the 2nd half we seemed to play with buendia as a false 9 and Bailey and watkins/archer flanking him. Luiz also played further forward as a 8/10 combo I think. 

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I'm not so sure still injured is the right term. I think the confidence in his hamstrings just weren't there. It seemed like he was going at 80% every time rather than putting the accelerator all the way down. 

You could see he didn’t trust his hamstrings last season

Big season for Bailey if he can stay fit, Gerrard seems impressed so he’s got the opportunity to stake a claim. Hopefully we finally see why we paid that fee for him, we’ve seen it in glimpses now for the consistency that will come with not being injured. 

• Like 1

Is it still delusional to say he is even slightly quick? 😂

I'm praying he keeps that up and makes himself undroppable, apart from the obvious reasons because it'll also make sure that this 4-3-1-2 stubbornness stops.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chasetown Villa said:

He has to start against Bournemouth. Be an absolute joke if he doesn’t. 

I agree that he should start v Bournemouth after today's great performance. However, there's still the Rennes game first and he'll need to play well in that too in order to reassure SG he can be consistent...

Edited by robby b

All credit to him, he suffered last yr, no pre season, niggling injuries. He obviously knows this and has worked so hard to get himself fit and strong again so that he can play his natural game, running at the opposition with pace. Shows a strong character and rive to succeed. Long may it continue

41 minutes ago, Chasetown Villa said:

He has to start against Bournemouth. Be an absolute joke if he doesn’t. 

I agree, and also think the same of Buendia. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if both started on the bench. 

Â