Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/leon-bailey-10-things-on-bayer-leverkusen-s-jamaica-winger-usain-bolt-5302

Come on man, anyone who has followed this kid, knows something has obviously gone wrong.

I'm loathe to write him off.

Even bias aside.

Mentally or physically or both something is wrong with him since coming here. I think he will go in the summer

7 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Mentally or physically or both something is wrong with him since coming here. I think he will go in the summer

he's not going anywhere in the summer but i'm not sold yet. made of glass for a start. but he definitely has a little bit of quality in him. a worldie of a save stopped him scoring a screamer today

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Talented players but his conditioning for this league is off.

Pre Season is big for him, he needs to be doing some strength and conditioning training before pre season!

It's a shame next pre-season is shorter than usual due to world cup.

I'm not expecting miracles.

1 hour ago, Pissflaps said:

Did he have such injury problems at Leverkusen or has the villa curse struck again?

Niggles yes, he always misses games here and there but not this sort of long term.

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I don't know what is wrong with all these fans, the lad has been injured a lot..... he doesn't choose this it just happens.

He showed his quality with that awesome shot tipped onto the woodwork.

He will prove you all wrong next year.

Unfortunately I look at more than one long range shot to get a feel for a player. I do know Bailey must have more than what he's shown so far though.

40 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Only we could have a:

- Champions League Player

- One of the highest rated/performing players in the Bundesliga, regularly chosen by the leagie for head to head features against the likes of Robben and Sancho.

- One of the most explosive players in Europe, both running at speed, dribbling with the ball, shooting, free kicks, set pieces and flair.

- One of the hardest working and highest distance covered per game.players in the Bundesliga.

SO far look like an:

- Injury prone

- Weak

- Indecisive

- Slow

- Flop

🤦🏿

I keep reiterating that what kills me, is knowing how much talent he actually has smh.

Some players just don't work out at certain clubs, and we seem great for that, with multiple players.

His luck has also been horrendous since being here.

You don't just lose what the guy has, you have obviously watched a lot of him and know he is true class.

31 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

he's not going anywhere in the summer but i'm not sold yet. made of glass for a start. but he definitely has a little bit of quality in him. a worldie of a save stopped him scoring a screamer today

I think he'll be back to Germany on loan and Sanson back to France on loan. 2 absolute disasters.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I don't know what is wrong with all these fans, the lad has been injured a lot..... he doesn't choose this it just happens.

He showed his quality with that awesome shot tipped onto the woodwork.

He will prove you all wrong next year.

What did you think of the rest of his game? His pressing, passing, ball retention, etc.   He was a total liability out there. The difference when Ings came on was night and day.

I was really excited when we signed him, and is not even seen him play. Just seemed the type of signing we should make. Then he scored that goal against Everton and I was even more excited. Alas, that seems to his swansong. He looks broken now, doesn’t trust his body to push himself and therefore lacks battle and fight needed for the premier league. 
Hopefully a good preseason helps him recover, but I feel we may have seen the last of him. The reaction by the crowd wasn’t good, it’s very rare the Villa crowd goes against someone that much. Think he’ll be sold in the summer 

36 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

What did you think of the rest of his game? His pressing, passing, ball retention, etc.   He was a total liability out there. The difference when Ings came on was night and day.

He wasn’t on the pitch that long, he made several promising runs only to not be found by the pass.

Be critical all you like but cream rises to the top and you will end up with egg on your face

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I was really excited when we signed him, and is not even seen him play. Just seemed the type of signing we should make. Then he scored that goal against Everton and I was even more excited. Alas, that seems to his swansong. He looks broken now, doesn’t trust his body to push himself and therefore lacks battle and fight needed for the premier league. 
Hopefully a good preseason helps him recover, but I feel we may have seen the last of him. The reaction by the crowd wasn’t good, it’s very rare the Villa crowd goes against someone that much. Think he’ll be sold in the summer 

We aren’t going to sell a player who has been injured most of the season in his first year, that would be lunacy.

Strangely he was our best attacker before he came off, had our best first half chance and another half chance while he was injured. Was a shocking scissors tackle from Williams that injured him but he should not have been allowed to continue. Poor work from management/physio

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Strangely he was our best attacker before he came off, had our best first half chance and another half chance while he was injured. Was a shocking scissors tackle from Williams that injured him but he should not have been allowed to continue. Poor work from management/physio

Nah he was shit apparently 😂

When we signed him, some people were concerned with how poor his defensive stats were at Leverkusen. He seemed like the type of player who whilst effective in the attack, was a bit lazy helping out in defense.

Interestingly however, his defensive stats for us have been a lot better than what he showed at Leverkusen. Could this have anything to do with his failing up front for us?

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Was a shocking scissors tackle from Williams that injured him but he should not have been allowed to continue. Poor work from management/physio

Is there a possibility that Leon himself said he wanted to continue after the challenge? That he’s mindful of losing his place in the side due to yet another injury?

Your vendetta against Steven Gerrard is clutching on this one! 😂

• Like 1

Â