Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Just now, abdomlahor said:

where?

He's barrel chested. Look at his arms, he hasnt been in any weight room so there's no muscle there. He's noticeably slower than earlier in the season and the other Villa fan said the same thing. He's overweight.

6 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

He's barrel chested. Look at his arms, he hasnt been in any weight room so there's no muscle there. He's noticeably slower than earlier in the season and the other Villa fan said the same thing. He's overweight.

With all the hi-tech sports science would think the coaching staff would catch this. Why is he being rewarded with 90 minutes?

29 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate, i'm heavily biased on this for obvious reasons, but Leons poor form has nothing to do with Manager.

He actually looked better in the second half, of the second half.

He needs minutes, confidence, and to get up to speed.

It's not down to SG that he looks much slower than he is in peak condition and makes some poor decisions.

I’m really looking forward to when he settles, I think he’ll be a game changer but I don’t know what you saw today mate because I thought he was pretty useless all game and I would just love to see a glimpse of his pace in a Villa shirt.

Let's face it, he was a total panic signing after losing our best player.

Traore had a very good season last year and yet we signed Buendia and Bailey who also play right side.

Lack of planning from Villa.

Just because he scored in the Bundesliga doesn't mean he'd do well in the PL, Sancho also looks pretty average.

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m really looking forward to when he settles, I think he’ll be a game changer but I don’t know what you saw today mate because I thought he was pretty useless all game and I would just love to see a glimpse of his pace in a Villa shirt.

I saw glimpses of, " ok "  as in the bare minimum expected so not really any sort of endorsement. lol

So maybe a run or 2 without losing the ball and successfully passing it to a team mate. 

Yes definitely poor overall.

• Like 2

I think he is the kind of player we need. A fast attacking wide player who can score goals/create chances, a bit like Bellamy used to be. But he is so off form you wonder if he is ever going to reach the level we need. 

Play him every game until the end of the season. He could save us £40m

6 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

I think he is the kind of player we need. A fast attacking wide player who can score goals/create chances, a bit like Bellamy used to be. But he is so off form you wonder if he is ever going to reach the level we need. 

Play him every game until the end of the season. He could save us £40m

Atleast with Bailey we know he’s talented, and can prove his worth if he was given a run.

It’s keeping trying the same players elsewhere week in week out the main issue. Gerrard needs to look at the next 6 games as an opportunity to revaluate the squad, rather panicking and starting the usual ones with the feel of risking the results which aren’t looking like coming.

24 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I saw glimpses of, " ok "  as in the bare minimum expected so not really any sort of endorsement. lol

So maybe a run or 2 without losing the ball and successfully passing it to a team mate. 

Yes definitely poor overall.

He just isn't and never has been ready since he came, make no mistake, there is a good player in there but we just haven't seen what he is all about yet. Hopefully we will at some point.

Â