Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

16 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Bailey is no different. His pressing stats are much worse than Traore. I don't think SG will be a fan, probably of either

I'll be reporting you to Craig Butler.

Expect a dressing down from the shed by tomorrow evening Kiwi!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, smg said:

Pity he hasn’t been fit enough to be involved in the recent ‘mini pre season’ would have been invaluable in getting him up to speed with Gerrard’s methods.

He probably would have went on international duty if he was fit

• Like 1

On 04/02/2022 at 04:27, The Rosk said:

I'm so excited for this lad to come back that it almost feels like a new NEW signing.  The difference and blend of styles between Coutinho, Buendia, Bailey, Traore in those attacking channels with Ings/Watkins as the striker is mouthwatering.

He was utter, utter garbage before he was injured. Only Watkins is greedier as a player.

Having said that, I’m desperate for him to succeed. Was so excited to sign him and have a Caribbean player in the team.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

He was utter, utter garbage before he was injured. Only Watkins is greedier as a player.

Having said that, I’m desperate for him to succeed. Was so excited to sign him and have a Caribbean player in the team.

Garbage? I can’t remember a 20 minutes cameo from a player better than his against Everton. All his performances before that were ok. I haven’t watched most of the 5 losses on row, but from what I saw all everyone was bad. Then after Gerrard came he was trying to impress and I agree that he was greedy. Same as Watkins. Sometimes being greedy is good and could benefit the team. But sometimes it gets really annoying. But I wouldn’t call a player garbage just because he’s greedy or even misses all lot. It’s a lot more than that. Sometimes having a player such as Bailey could benefit the team by the fear that he give the other team which gives our players more spaces. We got done a lot by such players. I can remember Adama and Lamptey for example. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spoony said:

Harsh. Poor overall is fairer IMO. He had a few good cameos and more than a few bad cameos.

Really excited for him to get going. So much ability. Clear instructions and team structure will help him.

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Garbage? I can’t remember a 20 minutes cameo from a player better than his against Everton. All his performances before that were ok. I haven’t watched most of the 5 losses on row, but from what I saw all everyone was bad. Then after Gerrard came he was trying to impress and I agree that he was greedy. Same as Watkins. Sometimes being greedy is good and could benefit the team. But sometimes it gets really annoying. But I wouldn’t call a player garbage just because he’s greedy or even misses all lot. It’s a lot more than that. Sometimes having a player such as Bailey could benefit the team by the fear that he give the other team which gives our players more spaces. We got done a lot by such players. I can remember Adama and Lamptey for example. 

spacer.png

5 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Garbage? I can’t remember a 20 minutes cameo from a player better than his against Everton.

Everton were a shambles, missing DCL, Richarlison, and Pickford. Digne headed his corner past Begovic(who is shite, just ask any Bournemouth fan). Then Ings picked him out with miracle ball for 1 on 1 with keeper from distance. It was flat track bully good based on above factors

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

The big question is, when he’s fit and possibly benched anyway  - will he work hard to get in, or will he concentrate on throwing parties and clubbing? 

Why would he concentrate on throwing parties and clubbing?

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

The big question is, when he’s fit and possibly benched anyway  - will he work hard to get in, or will he concentrate on throwing parties and clubbing? 

Have to admit I never considered that question. Only question for me is when he is fit and play, how long will he last before getting injured again!

Â