First XI selling price?

Monkeypuzzle

19 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

So with Brighton's Ben White available for just above £50 million I was wondering what sort of value our own players would realistically be sold for in today's crazy market prices. I'm hoping none of them are sold, but IF they were, what price would we ask for? Fees paid from transfermarket.co.uk

Name                         Fee paid                        Selling price

Martinez                    £15.66 million              £50+ million?

Cash                           £14.18 million             £30+ million?

Konsa                         £11.97 million             £45+ million?

Mings                          £20.07 million            £40+ million?

Targett                        £13.95 million             £30+ million?

McGinn                        £2.79 million              £40+ million?

Douglas Luiz               £15.12 million           £35+ million?

Grealish                        Free                             £150+ million?

Buendia                         £34.56 million          £50+ million? (By the end of next season)

Traore                            £16.56 million          £30+ million?

Watkins                         £30.6 million            £60+ million?

Am I way off with any of those? What about other squad members? What do you guys think?

I'd put Mings and Konsa higher. Maybe Cash a little lower. But can't argue with those.

As I said in the Martinez thread, the moment an elite club comes in need of a world class keeper Martinez will be one of the first names on their shortlist. These clubs will pay top dollar for a world class keeper, especially if they're currently stuck with a shit one. 50m would be the minimum, we could absolutely fleece a club for him if we wanted to assuming Martinez doesn't try to force a move.

,Cash is fair.

Honestly, I wouldn't expect Konsa to go for 45m but if Ben White is getting those fees, then why not Konsa.

Sorry but no club in the world is buying Mings at 40m. Not at his age.

Targett is fair.

No one is buying Mcginn at 40m.

I'd put Luiz at 25-30m

I don't think even Man City are buying Grealish at 150m. Assuming we are willing to sell, its going to be somewhere a bit over 100m.

Who knows with Buendia

Traore is fair.

Watkins is 50m pound and I really like the guy, but he really isn't an elite striker yet. 60m+ is getting to world class striker territory and whilst his all round game is great, his offensive output isn't on the level of the guys who would cost that amount.

23 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

So with Brighton's Ben White available for just above £50 million I was wondering what sort of value our own players would realistically be sold for in today's crazy market prices. I'm hoping none of them are sold, but IF they were, what price would we ask for? Fees paid from transfermarket.co.uk

Buendia                         £34.56 million          £50+ million? (By the end of next season)

Am I way off with any of those? What about other squad members? What do you guys think?

Massively underestimated, we get all that for Jack, Emi, Barry and Carney.

• Like 1

A touch high for some I'd say, but really depends on the demand, Ben White is not worth 54m in my opinion but arsenal are willing to pay it.

I really like Traore but can't see anyone paying 30m for him at this point in time, worth about the same right now.

The key is selling players at the peak demand to get the best prices, but all moot at the minute as we're not looking to offload anyone right now.

If someone offered 20m for El Ghazi right now though I'd sell, despite his great input last season. I'd then add another 15/20 on top and buy someone who can improve out first xi

46 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Who were the last three players we sold for £10 million plus?

Amavi was the closest in recent times, for around £9m. Before that you’re looking at Benteke, Delph not far off £10m to citeh and before that Downing and Young. 

We barely got any decent fees for the tens of players that MON, Lambert or McLeish bought.

• Like 1

We aren’t a selling club so no point thinking about it.  

Doing that gives the impression you might be open to selling which we aren’t.

Plus a players valuation is a snapshot in time and is dependent on what the seller is willing sell for and a buyer willing to buy for.

El Ghazi one is more interesting to me. I've seen as low as 5m for him from some on here (2m less than what we paid despite him scoring 10 in prem last season?!) up to 15m.

His stats last season put him in 15-20m category but guess it's just whether you rate him much as a player.

Jack is 100m +, Emi 50m + and then rest probably in 30-50m bracket given age and potential for many of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

cash and targett i agree with but it wouldn't be money up front. it would likely be £20m plus 10m once they play for england etc

mcginn i don't think we'd get 40m for nor do i think we'd get 35m for luiz. can't disagree with the others though

Â