First XI selling price?

Monkeypuzzle

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

As I said in the Martinez thread, the moment an elite club comes in need of a world class keeper Martinez will be one of the first names on their shortlist. These clubs will pay top dollar for a world class keeper, especially if they're currently stuck with a shit one. 50m would be the minimum, we could absolutely fleece a club for him if we wanted to assuming Martinez doesn't try to force a move.

,Cash is fair.

Honestly, I wouldn't expect Konsa to go for 45m but if Ben White is getting those fees, then why not Konsa.

Sorry but no club in the world is buying Mings at 40m. Not at his age.

Targett is fair.

No one is buying Mcginn at 40m.

I'd put Luiz at 25-30m

I don't think even Man City are buying Grealish at 150m. Assuming we are willing to sell, its going to be somewhere a bit over 100m.

Who knows with Buendia

Traore is fair.

Watkins is 50m pound and I really like the guy, but he really isn't an elite striker yet. 60m+ is getting to world class striker territory and whilst his all round game is great, his offensive output isn't on the level of the guys who would cost that amount.

he's only 28!

he's only 4 months older than harry kane who city have just had a 100m bid turned down for

40m would be the absolute bare minimum, and to be honest i'd be disappointed to see him leave for that much. we could get 50m for him, no problem

• Like 3

Konsa and Mings we can easily demand as much as we want. Slabhead went for 80m. Is Ben White better than either? The rest of the valuations are fair except Jack. World record fee territory is Jack.

1 hour ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Name                         Fee paid                        Selling price

Martinez                    £15.66 million              £50+ million?

Am I way off with any of those? What about other squad members? What do you guys think?

Even if NSWE were interested in selling any of the first team, which they're not, Martinez is worth £80m+. Right at the start of his peak, best form of anyone, 3 years left on his contract. Any club that would be shopping to take a PL club's no 1 keeper can expect to pay £30m even for a crap one.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Sorry but no club in the world is buying Mings at 40m. Not at his age.

At 28? It's not the 90's anymore. I think some people need to adjust their thoughts on the age at which footballers are at their peak. With the advancements in sports science and players not going on the piss for two days after a match. Messi, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic (40 in October) are the most famous examples of players playing at the top level well in to their 30's. Chiellini and Bonucci are the CBs for Italy at 34 and 36 and they don't look much slower than 7/8 years ago and it's not like this Italy team do everything to protect them.

Even in other sports - Federer and Nadal in tennis, Tom Brady in NFL. They are two very physically demanding sports, probably more so than football.

If Mings continues to look after himself (he obviously does), gets a bit of luck with injuries, and adding to that he didn't play a lot of football until much older than other footballers, then he could have a peak which lasts another 5 - 6 years.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Dr Evil GIF by Product Hunt

Who cares tbh. This is small team thinking. Liverpool fans don't calculate team value. This implies players for sale. 

Not sure why you bothered to post this? Other than to troll of course.

Edited by Monkeypuzzle

The challenge is that it's not a perfect market. There are only 15-20 elite clubs today that can afford players at 40M+. Therefore, unless a player is an elite talent, their value will plateau at a certain point as there will be alternatives in the market.   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Not sure why you bothered to post this? Other than to troll of course.

I'm not trolling. It's my legitimate opinion. I think this is small selling club mentality and some Villa fans need to get over it. We have serious operators running the club now

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm not trolling. It's my legitimate opinion. I think this is small selling club mentality and some Villa fans need to get over it. We have serious operators running the club now

I completely agree.  When we have owners that are building a club, investing heavily and looking to get us to the higher ends of football it seems strange to think negatively of how much we could sell our players for.  We have to get out of the small club mentality and start thinking about who we can buy, how far can we advance, what options we have and not things like how much our players are worth if they were to be sold inference. 

@MonkeypuzzleWe arent a selling club, our players arent for sale, therefore their value which is completely subjective is irrelevant. For example does it matter whether Arsenal and some other fans think Jack is worth 80m and that we think he's worth 150m+, of course not.  If you found a reasonable opposing fan to assess what they think the value of our players are, they would be nowhere near the values in the OP or any comments. 

Then even if try to value players, is the price what we value him at, which nobody would pay or what the opposing thinks he's worth which we'd never sell for.  Would anybody pay 30M+ for Targett, of course not!  We don't need to sell and we wont sell unless it suits us, so thinking about values of our players seems like a small club mentality in that we are waiting for somebody bigger to come and buy those players. 

I'm sure you have things in your personal life that you would never sell and have no intention to sell, why havent you put a price on them?  Surely lets value them.  The answer is you dont because you have no interest in selling them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I'd put Mings and Konsa higher. Maybe Cash a little lower. But can't argue with those.

Cash was playing his first season in the PL and only his second season at right back and is still only 23. He has plenty of room for improvement and was good last season. Name me a better RB we can get for £30m?

mike myers no GIF

Seriously would not want to sell any of the 1st teamers or even consider "valuations". We are building a squad team to challenge for Europe and beyond. The players are only going to grow. As others have said, the top teams don't look to sell their best players. That is where we are heading and the only way to do that is to keep the players. 

Regardless of the exact valuations, it just shows what a great job NSWE, Purslow, etc have done.

For all the money they've spent, if they were to sell up or do a Lerner tomorrow they would make a profit. 

Oh, and we also have 5,6 of the best under 18s in the country. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Regardless of the exact valuations, it just shows what a great job NSWE, Purslow, etc have done.

For all the money they've spent, if they were to sell up or do a Lerner tomorrow they would make a profit. 

Oh, and we also have 5,6 of the best under 18s in the country. 

Exactly that, and it also correlates to the most important bit too, on pitch performance. The team/players are playing well and improving all the time. A time will come when we'll sell a first teamer (Hopefully not Jack!) but it will be for a profit to be re-invested in the team.

Unless we don't intend improving our first team squad then we will be buying better players in some positions. We will then be selling on the ones who they have replaced as we won't be able to afford to keep 22 players all on top wages. 

While I don't expect whole sale changes every season, I can see 2 players or more being sold each season from our senior squad from next year as new players come in and our u23 team get older and come in if good enough.

So if in 2 years time we sell a couple 'starters' then it will be no surprise as we have been told the aim is to be self sufficient.

I would guess if players weren't injured this summer we would have let trez davis and an other be sold, apart from conor, klasnic samatta engels, who also have or should be leaving. 

Hopefully, gone are they days of having players play for us in the top league of the quality of bernie Gallagher, Ricardo scimica, and some of the more recent players over the years ,  and their like. Quite how we survived with some of the players we had, I really don't know.

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

We aren’t a selling club so no point thinking about it.  

Doing that gives the impression you might be open to selling which we aren’t.

Plus a players valuation is a snapshot in time and is dependent on what the seller is willing sell for and a buyer willing to buy for.

I think these past few weeks pretty much confirmed that unless your club is owned by a sovereign country, FFP has made it that no club can avoid the "selling club" moniker. Obviously, I don't want us to sell players but there are price points where it doesn't make financial/economic sense from a club PoV to turn down a bid. 

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Not for sale but I think it’s interesting from the point of view of the number of players that come to Villa and get better/increase in value.

Probably one of the things that fills me with pride the most, moreso than paying top dollar and a player’s value stagnating or declining. I think it’s a great indicator of a well run club, e.g.: Atalanta.

6 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

I think these past few weeks pretty much confirmed that unless your club is owned by a sovereign country, FFP has made it that no club can avoid the "selling club" moniker. Obviously, I don't want us to sell players but there are price points where it doesn't make financial/economic sense from a club PoV to turn down a bid. 

What has changed at the Villa in the last few weeks that has confirmed this for you?

Nothing negative has happened, in fact in the last month or so, in the early days of the transfer window, we have broken our transfer record, signed Young and dished out probably a dozen new contracts locking in our best youngsters for years all while adding a talented youngster Feeney from Fleetwood.  

Yet your view has been confirmed on a negative outlook…surely that isn’t rational?

• Like 2

Â