Loan Thread 2021/22

Hornso

4 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

There has been a lot of disappointment on this thread that our youngsters go to League 2 and National League teams, and not to championship or League 1 for example.

Looks like National League and League 2 is the right level for them (at the moment).

I've seen that disappointment you mention, but I don't share it. For me, the ideal loan is whatever the highest level is at which the player will get regular game time. As you say, for many that will be League 2 or National League, at least initially.

• Like 1

On 23/08/2021 at 09:48, HanoiVillan said:

I'm already very concerned that Ipswich was a bad choice for Barry.

yeah i have thought that, he has been on the bench 3 times and only managed to get 20 odd minutes?

Not good enough for him, he needs to be starting!

• Like 2

If Barry and Kesler-Hayden were for sale they wouldn't be going to League Two sides they'd be going to other premier league clubs, the loans are just to give them game time and the experience of being involed in games where the result matters and also the life experiences that come with going on loan and moving away from home.

The level of club that they've gone to isn't an indication of their ability, by all accounts Kesler-Hayden has already been Swindon's standout player in all the games he's played for them, and their fans are raving about him.

Also if Ipswich don't play Barry that doesn't have to be read as a sign that he's not ready or not good enough, I see people say things like this move will make or break his career, not really lots of loans don't work out but then the loanee still goes on to have a very good career; I'm as confident as you can get with a youth player that he will go on to be a very good player, and will probably go on to have a better career than any other player in the Ipswich team.

Also have to remember that it's still very early and he hasn't had a pre season with them, so It's way too early to judge, that he's gone on loan to a League One team doesn't change the fact that he's still a very young player either, only just turned eighteen, so they will have to manage him and make sure they introduce him into the team the right way

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

Finn Azaz (Newport County)
Home to Southampton [League Cup 2nd Round] (0-8) - Substituted at half time. 20 touches, 63.6% pass accuracy, 1 shot. WhoScored.com rating of 5.84.

• Thanks 1

Tyreik Wright, Kesler-Hayden, and Onódi all start.

Brad Young, Barry, and Seb Revan all on the bench.

Azaz isn't in the Newport squad.

Raikhy starts for Stockport County, 5:30pm kick-off, game live on BT Sport.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hornso said:

Summary from the weekend - Hajduk go top, no thanks to Lovre

Finn Azaz (Newport County) 15th/24
Away at Salford (3-0) - Not in the squad.

Louie Barry (Ipswich Town) 15th/24
Home to AFC Wimbledon (2-2) - Unused substitute.

Lovre Kalinic (Hajduk Split) 3rd/10
Home to Rijeka (1-2) - Not in the squad.

Kaine Kesler Hayden (Swindon Town) 4th/24
Home to Mansfield (1-0) - Played 90 minutes. 75 touches, 73.8% pass accuracy, 1 shot. Booked. WhoScored.com rating of 7.08.

Ákos Onódi (Bromsgrove Sporting) 10th/21
Home to Rushden & Diamonds (2-1) - Played 90 minutes. Penalty save. MOTM.

Arjan Raikhy (Stockport County) 13th/23
Away at Southend (0-1) - Substituted in the 54th minute.

Seb Revan (Grimsby Town) 8th/23
Home to Weymouth (1-0) - Unused substitute.

Indiana Vassilev (Inter Miami) 22nd/27
Away at Orlando (0-0) - Came on in the 66th minute. 10 touches, 85.7% pass accuracy. WhoScored.com rating of 6.17.

Wesley (Club Brugge) 3rd/18
Away at Gent (6-1) - Not in the squad.

Tyreik Wright (Salford City) 16th/24
Home to Newport (3-0) - Substituted in the 63rd minute. 25 touches, 86.7% pass accuracy, 1 shot, 1 shot on target, 1 key pass. Scored. WhoScored.com rating of 7.52.

Brad Young (Carlisle) 8th/24
Away at Hartlepool (2-1) - Came on in the 72nd minute. 4 touches, 100% pass accuracy, 1 shot. WhoScored.com rating of 5.93.

Hornso! This is brilliant, thanks.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hornso said:

Tyreik Wright (Salford City) 16th/24
Home to Newport (3-0) - Substituted in the 63rd minute. 25 touches, 86.7% pass accuracy, 1 shot, 1 shot on target, 1 key pass. Scored. WhoScored.com rating of 7.52.

A rating of 7.52 although he was probably (at least should have been) deducted a full rating point for messing up the knee slide celebration is very promising.

• Haha 1

Barry continually being omitted from an Ipswich side in poor form and winless so far this season. I worry for his progression. Assume a recall is possible if he's not had enough game time come Jan?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Barry continually being omitted from an Ipswich side in poor form and winless so far this season. I worry for his progression. Assume a recall is possible if he's not had enough game time come Jan?

Good reality check for him. It’s not easy to make it in professional football, regardless of the talent you have. 

let’s hope he reacts well and works even harder.

15 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Kalinic not getting games? Oh dear, how are we going to get rid? Another costly error…

Raikhy seems to have made a big impression on Stockport fans 👏

Kesler doing great at Swindon 👏

Kalinic didn't start the season well so I thought he might have been dropped, but he hasn't even been making the bench so after doing some looking around Twitter it appears he has been injured or out with something as words like "recovered" have been used. The main article I found from 1-2 days ago thought he would be back on the weekend (he obviously wasn't) so hopefully he is back after the international break.

Google Chrome translation is a lifesaver otherwise I'd be ****.

• Thanks 1

Summary from Monday night - Non League Premier Southern Central Division Action!!!

Ákos Onódi (Bromsgrove Sporting) 12th/21
Away at Stourbridge (1-1) - Played 90 minutes.

Also, welcome to the thread Conor Hourihane (any danger of selling some of these guys?)

Lastly, Tuesday night sees Arjan Raikhy's Stockport host Seb Revan's Grimsby. Hopefully both lads see some action. 

• Thanks 1