Loan Thread 2021/22

Hornso

6 hours ago, Hornso said:

Hmm, that's very odd. I go into the match report of each game and get them from there. There is a chance I'm bringing the data across with the odd mistake. 

The only other thing I can think of is that stats may be uploaded after the game and then the statisticians may watch a replay for authenticity and update the data 1-2 days later? 

6 hours ago, lexicon said:

This 100% happens - I've seen whoscore change stats after their initial release.

Agree with this, there seems to be a score that is shown during the game, but then it changes from where it rested at full time.

Summary from Tuesday night - EFL Trophy Action (Louie Barry sighting)

Louie Barry (Ipswich Town) 1st/4
Away at Gillingham [EFL Trophy] (0-2) - Came on in the 73rd minute.

Dominic Revan (Northampton) 2nd/4
Home to Walsall [EFL Trophy] (1-1p) - Played 90 minutes.

Seb Revan (Grimsby Town) 1st/23
Away at Altrincham (2-3) - Unused substitute.

Tyreik Wright (Salford City) 4th/4
Home to Tranmere [EFL Trophy] (0-2) - Not in the squad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Disappointing that Seb Revan isn't getting more game time, in eleven Grimsby games he's only made two appearances playing 90 minutes worth of football, and he hasn't been injured as he's been on the bench every game apart from the one that he started. Obviously the moving clubs and area is a big part of the experience, but he's one that on the footballing side of things would have probably been better off staying with us, as he would have got more minutes in the EFL Trophy and against better opposition than he's getting with Grimsby.

Strange as he seemed to be doing well for them in pre-season, if his situation doesn't improve he's another that I wouldn't be surprised to see us recall in January, was kind of surprised to us loan him out in the first place as he'd only just turned eighteen, similar with Barry, apart from a few rare exceptions is very young for players to be going out on loan.

• Like 2

Summary from Tuesday night - Onodi saves from the spot

Finn Azaz (Newport County) 2nd/4
Home to Arsenal U/21s [EFL Trophy] (3-4) - Not in the squad.

Kaine Kesler-Hayden (Swindon Town) 1st/4
Away at Plymouth [EFL Trophy] (1-3) - Not in the squad (International duty)

Ákos Onódi (Bromsgrove Sporting) 11th/21
Home to Banbury United (1-3) - Played 90 minutes. Penalty save.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Thanks for the updates @Hornso. There’s an awful lot of unused substitutes and ‘not in the squads’. The club won’t be too happy with that, I can see a few being found alternative loan clubs in January. 

Yeah, things aren't going great at the moment. At a guess I'd say the club would be happy with how Azaz, Kesler-Hayden & Onodi are going when it comes to the young lads and that'd be it.

On 13/10/2021 at 07:56, It's Your Round said:

Thanks for the updates @Hornso. There’s an awful lot of unused substitutes and ‘not in the squads’. The club won’t be too happy with that, I can see a few being found alternative loan clubs in January. 

Was just thinking the exact same thing,

Bring them all back in January and get the U23's promoted to PL1. 

1 hour ago, YLN said:

Maybe they're all just not very good

Loans are so hit n miss its difficult to say. Gabby had terrible loans but came good for us. Gary Gardner had great loans but no good for us . They are taken out of the environment they have known for years and left to fend for themselves. Its great for character and obviously we have to think that they might not be that great . Early days yet tho and i aint writing them all off as yet.

Dominic Revan was out for six months and is just now coming back, Bridge was out for a similar length of time as well, so that's why those two have hardly featured, they've been injured, and we probably did well to get them loan moves in the first place.

Raikhy too picked up an injury after starting the season well with Stockport.

Bradley Young has played for 36, 31, 28, 71, and 63 minutes in each of Carlisle's last five league games and has also been playing the EFL Trophy, and Tyreik Wright has played a similar number of minutes for Salford, so we can't say those two haven't been given a chance, that game time will seen as invaluable experience for them, so I think those two loans will be viewed as going well.

Injuries aside which isn't really the fault of the loan clubs, I think it's only really the Barry and Seb Revan loans that we will be disappointed by,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1