Loan Thread 2021/22

Hornso

8 hours ago, Hornso said:

Summary from Monday night - Non League Premier Southern Central Division Action!!!

Ákos Onódi (Bromsgrove Sporting) 12th/21
Away at Stourbridge (1-1) - Played 90 minutes.

Also, welcome to the thread Conor Hourihane (any danger of selling some of these guys?)

Lastly, Tuesday night sees Arjan Raikhy's Stockport host Seb Revan's Grimsby. Hopefully both lads see some action. 

I wouldnt bother with Hourihane, his contract is up after the loan, so he'll never be a villa player again. He has already said his fairwell

• Like 1

Had a quick look at a Stockport forum and they seem to really like Raikhy. I think he'll get a lot out of the loan and the big thing for him will be working to match the intensity required of playing men's football. Bodes well for him though, he's still only 18 (albeit for a few weeks) and having an impact at senior level, even in that league, is a great sign. 

• Like 3

Summary from Tuesday night - Arjan & Seb get minutes in stalemate plus EFL Trophy action

Finn Azaz (Newport County)
Home to Plymouth [EFL Trophy] (2-0) - Not in the squad.

Arjan Raikhy (Stockport County) 11th/23
Home to Grimsby (0-0) - Substituted in the 75th minute. MOTM

Seb Revan (Grimsby Town) 9th/23
Away at Stockport (0-0) - Substituted in the 78th minute.

Tyreik Wright (Salford City)
Away at Oldham [EFL Trophy] (1-0) - Not in the squad

Brad Young (Carlisle)
Home to Hartlepool (3p-3) - Played 90 minutes. Scored in penalty shoot out.

Also welcome to the thread...

Dominic Revan (Northampton Town)

Frederic Guilbert (Strasbourg)

Mungo Bridge (Annecy)

Edited by Hornso
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, zak said:

Hourihane isn't a vill player, he's left on a free, where we pay some of his first years wages

You're right, club says he's gone on a season long loan but he's out of contract upon his return so he's effectively said goodbye. 

I will probably keep track of him just because a) I've got nothing better to do (work pfft) and b) Some may have an interest in how he's going.

Hang on, there's a big difference between 'he's left on a free where we pay some of his first years wages' and 'club says he's gona one a season long loan but he's out of contract upon his return', namely that if the first is true he isn't a Villa player, but if the second is true he is. I thought the second was true, not the first, but it must be one or the other.

Chelsea are out doing themselfs, having loaned out 37 players last season they started to loaning out coaches now 😊

Chelsea have loaned out so many players that they're now loaning coaches, with one of their backroom staff joining AFC Wimbledon for a spell.

On 02/09/2021 at 19:09, HanoiVillan said:

Hang on, there's a big difference between 'he's left on a free where we pay some of his first years wages' and 'club says he's gona one a season long loan but he's out of contract upon his return', namely that if the first is true he isn't a Villa player, but if the second is true he is. I thought the second was true, not the first, but it must be one or the other.

Well, I generally trust the club's official statement and their stance was that he's left on a season long loan.

• Like 1

Summary from the weekend

Finn Azaz (Newport County) 15th/24
Home to Leyton Orient (2-2) - Not in the squad.

Mungo Bridge (Annecy) 3rd/18
Away at Chambly (0-1) - Not in the squad.

Kaine Kesler Hayden (Swindon Town) 4th/24
Away at Stevenage (1-1) - Not in the squad (International duty)

Ákos Onódi (Bromsgrove Sporting)
Home to Loughborough Students [FA Cup 1st Qual Rnd] (2-0) - Played 90 minutes.

Arjan Raikhy (Stockport County) 14th/23
Away at Boreham Wood (0-0) - Substituted in the 58th minute. Booked.

Dominic Revan (Northampton) 5th/23
Home to Scunthorpe (2-0) - Not in the squad.

Seb Revan (Grimsby Town) 5th/23
Home to Barnet (4-3) - Unused substitute.

Indiana Vassilev (Inter Miami) 20th/27
Away at FC Cincinnati (0-1) - Substituted in the 69th minute. 32 touches, 86.4% pass accuracy, 2 shots, 1 key pass. WhoScored.com rating of 6.44.

Tyreik Wright (Salford City) 20th/24
Away at Carlisle (2-1) - Not in the squad (International duty)

Brad Young (Carlisle) 8th/24
Home to Salford City (2-1) - Unused substitute.

• Thanks 2

On 02/09/2021 at 23:21, hong0311 said:

Comparing to last year, how many more have we loaned out? 

We've got 15 out on loan this season. Last season we had 14 (Samatta, Hourihane, Guilbert, Kalinic, Archer, Vassilev, Wright, D. Revan, Clarke, Sinisalo, Guy, Walker, Brunt, Rowe), but about half of those happened in January so it could be significantly more by the end of the season.

Edited by Hornso

On 02/09/2021 at 10:09, HanoiVillan said:

Sorry, I missed this earlier, but what is the  difference for villa? When you say upon his return, it's pretty clear he's not going to return. He did a fairwell post and I'm sure villa did too

13 minutes ago, zak said:

Sorry, I missed this earlier, but what is the  difference for villa? When you say upon his return, it's pretty clear he's not going to return. He did a fairwell post and I'm sure villa did too

For Villa, there is no difference, but for @Hornso there is a big difference . . .

20 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

For Villa, there is no difference, but for @Hornso there is a big difference . . .

Ah ok. I don't really think it should be here and he should be in other football. But if Hornso wants to as he says he does, who am I to get in the way of his exceptional work

• Thanks 1