Loan Thread 2021/22

Hornso

On 08/08/2021 at 09:56, mikeyp102 said:

Kesler played 80 mins and won a pen 

Saw this so went to Swindon Town forums to see how he got on. Many of them saying he was MOTM and that, e.g: “easy to see why he’s on a 5 year deal, kid is some talent” and “what a talent KKH is” etc.

Bright start from him!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

So who to go out on Loan before end of the window? Wes, Conor and Aaron and if we sign a midfielder then I can see JJ going out too to a top end Championship club or maybe that'll wait till Jan

Conor should 100% be sold IMO - loans are only if we can't sell him because we know he's not good enough. Been tempted to sell Wes too since we got Ings in. 

Aaron definitely could do with a loan, whereas I'd keep Jacob on the bench/rotation. 

From the youngsters, the only other candidate I can see is Brad Young - the rest seem to be in the right place for their development for the time being, whereas Brad's game looks ready for some first team minutes somewhere. He's quite underrated, I think. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Conor should 100% be sold IMO - loans are only if we can't sell him because we know he's not good enough. Been tempted to sell Wes too since we got Ings in. 

Aaron definitely could do with a loan, whereas I'd keep Jacob on the bench/rotation. 

From the youngsters, the only other candidate I can see is Brad Young - the rest seem to be in the right place for their development for the time being, whereas Brad's game looks ready for some first team minutes somewhere. He's quite underrated, I think. 

With Brad ( and don't misquote me because i think he has great potential ) he has 2 really good skills. 1 he is ultra confident if thats a skill and 2 his movement at 18 is already up at premier league level. 

His decision making is a little off though. Which will come with time . He doesnt need to leave on loan to toughen him up as he is obviously a very tough lad already.  

But he will need to leave on loan to make these mistakes and have his teammates launching into him to cut the greediness out. 

In the youth cup final you could see his amazing runs and movement but also the lack of in game awareness compared to Louie Barry of when to shoot and when to pass 

I think he has a big future in the game but whether its with us or not time will tell . He reminds me so much of Rooney with his street type football. 

Summary from Tuesday night - Youngsters make appearances off the bench

Louie Barry (Ipswich Town) 19th/24
Away at Cheltenham (2-1) - Came on in the 87th minute. 2 touches, 100% pass accuracy, WhoScored.com rating of 6.01.

Kaine Kesler Hayden (Swindon Town) 9th/24
Home to Tranmere (0-0) - Suspended

Ákos Onódi (Bromsgrove Sporting) 21st/21
Away at Alvechurch (3-0) - Unused substitute

Tyreik Wright (Salford) 16th/24
Away at Crawley (2-1) - Came on in the 75th minute. 12 touches, 77.8% pass accuracy. WhoScored.com rating of 6.13.

Brad Young (Carlisle) 6th/24
Away at Port Vale (0-0) - Came on in the 77th minute. 1 touch, 1 shot. WhoScored.com rating of 5.95.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Summary from Wednesday night - Indi eats a Twix

Indiana Vassilev (Inter Miami) 23rd/27
Home to Chicago Fire (3-2) - Substituted in the 62nd minute. 14 touches, 1 shot, 1 shot on target, 88.9% pass accuracy. Scored. WhoScored.com rating of 7.09.

Edited by Hornso
  • Like 3

Thanks for this thread, Hornso. It must take a lot of time but uts really informative.

Even if our youngsters aren't making the pitch as unused sub, it's much better experience being around a squad where if they impress they'll get a chance. Realistically none of the loanees, with the exception of Kessler would be anywhere near the 1st team at Villa this year. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It kind of gives you a reality check when a player like Louie Barry cannot get on the pitch in League 1 . There is such a huge difference between boys and mens football . Same age as Harvey Elliott who ripped it up at Blackburn last season. It is early days though.

• Like 1

On 23/08/2021 at 09:48, HanoiVillan said:

I'm already very concerned that Ipswich was a bad choice for Barry.

Agreed. What's the point in sitting on their bench?

Might as well sit on ours.

• Like 1

Just now, rjw63 said:

Agreed. What's the point in sitting on their bench?

Might as well sit on ours.

They have a very strong squad for League One (which makes competition for places very high) but have made a very bad start to the season (which is likely to make the manager very risk-averse in team selection). Early days but it looks like the worst of all possibilities. Would have been better actually playing for a League 2 team.

28 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Would have been better actually playing for a League 2 team.

There has been a lot of disappointment on this thread that our youngsters go to League 2 and National League teams, and not to championship or League 1 for example.

Looks like National League and League 2 is the right level for them (at the moment).