Tammy Abraham

nick76

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am happy to bring in Tammy.....and just as happy to have Ollie.

Both very good players.

This. Get him in. Competition for places, let them fight it out for first eleven. It's a win win isn't it?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Rossco76 said:

This. Get him in. Competition for places, let them fight it out for first eleven. It's a win win isn't it?

The new Format.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Look we want someone to settle quickly so ideally they can speak English. 

That interview of him after the germany game made him look so dim.

4 hours ago, Rossco76 said:

Purslow (and possibly Smith as well, can't remember) have previously ruled out big money signings as squad competition before we qualify for Europe unless they were telling porkies

44 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Purslow (and possibly Smith as well, can't remember) have previously ruled out big money signings as squad competition before we qualify for Europe unless they were telling porkies

They also go on record as saying we would no longer be making loan signnings or signing anyone over the age of 30.

However, Ross Barkley and Ashley Young have gone against the grain.

So I think they've been bending the truth a wee bit.

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

They also go on record as saying we would no longer be making loan signnings or signing anyone over the age of 30.

Fair point

• Like 1

The thought of us offering £40 million for TA makes me cry to be honest. Great lad and attitude but he’s a decent player at this level nothing more and needs too many chances to score. He doesn’t have the sheer work rate of Ollie.

if there was an opportunity at around £20-25m I wouldn’t be averse to it as I said he is decent and a good egg but he just isn’t an elite striker worth the money being talked about

• Like 3

Originally I was all for us signing Abraham, but the more I look at what Leicester paid for Daka the less I’m keen on it. Yes, it was a risk at £23m, but he certainly has the potential to be better than Abraham in the PL.

I guess it works the other way and you could spend £40m on Joelinton. At least we’d know what we are getting with Abraham.

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Pick your porky - we won't sign another loan without a buy clause installed; we want to sign young hungry players, not older players looking for one last pay day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Disagree with your observation there. I think it is more accutate to say no Loan Signings for youth players who get in the way of our own coming through instead of ready made players like Barkley (albeit a shit one). Because purslow said that about the youth part.

And for the over 30 thing he said no fees for players over 30 because they have no sell on value, although Heaton goes against that I think his experience was big in the first half of 19-20.

1 hour ago, ramshackler said:

The thought of us offering £40 million for TA makes me cry to be honest. Great lad and attitude but he’s a decent player at this level nothing more and needs too many chances to score. He doesn’t have the sheer work rate of Ollie.

if there was an opportunity at around £20-25m I wouldn’t be averse to it as I said he is decent and a good egg but he just isn’t an elite striker worth the money being talked about

I honestly just don't see how it works tbh. Watkins is first choice and more than good enough - he's got the right attitude already and he's one of the fittest players I've ever seen in terms of just running for entire games without looking tired. Why sign an expensive player who would only play if things go wrong? What if things don't go wrong? Then you've got a chronically unhappy player that you spent 40m on just sitting around being miserable, who'll push for a move and you'll lose money on straight away. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QldVilla said:

Pick your porky - we won't sign another loan without a buy clause installed; we want to sign young hungry players, not older players looking for one last pay day.

Young and hungry you say?😉

image.jpeg.a46036f06910ff1b3ec247efd9f73401.jpeg

However, they've also proved with the Young signing and the pursuit of Mandzukic that older players with something to offer are not off the table. There won't be signings like Lescott or Joe Hart or similar but signing or trying to sign players who've been at the top of the game for a sustained period such as the two mentioned will happen from time to time. It's just not the main strategy.

1 minute ago, sparrow1988 said:

Young and hungry you say?😉

image.jpeg.a46036f06910ff1b3ec247efd9f73401.jpeg

However, they've also proved with the Young signing and the pursuit of Mandzukic that older players with something to offer are not off the table. There won't be signings like Lescott or Joe Hart or similar but signing or trying to sign players who've been at the top of the game for a sustained period such as the two mentioned will happen from time to time. It's just not the main strategy.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Greenwood, Cavani, Rashford, Martial...

Salah, Mane, Firmino, Origi, Jota...

Vardy, Iheanacho, Daka, Perez...

Chelsea and Man City will bring in high profile strikers for sure.

We simply cannot go into the season reliant on Ollie. Irrespective of potential injuries or suspensions, we need someone to challenge Watkins, allow us to make changes tactically or for loss of form, and have options to alter our system. We've been too used to a "starting XI", but the teams that want to be at the top need to have a usable and capable squad. No one should be undroppable and, if players are good enough, they'll play.

Not saying it will be Tammy, but I'll be surprised if we don't bring in another striker. 

• Like 1

Bloody hell… that image/gif just conjures up so many bad memories… what a state this club was in and has been in since. Until NSWE and Deano came in… we are transformed I tell you, transformed! Arisen from the ashes I tell you 😆

2 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Greenwood, Cavani, Rashford, Martial...

Salah, Mane, Firmino, Origi, Jota...

Vardy, Iheanacho, Daka, Perez...

Chelsea and Man City will bring in high profile strikers for sure.

We simply cannot go into the season reliant on Ollie. Irrespective of potential injuries or suspensions, we need someone to challenge Watkins, allow us to make changes tactically or for loss of form, and have options to alter our system. We've been too used to a "starting XI", but the teams that want to be at the top need to have a usable and capable squad. No one should be undroppable and, if players are good enough, they'll play.

Not saying it will be Tammy, but I'll be surprised if we don't bring in another striker. 

I think we will. A forward at least if not a striker/CF, to cover more than one position. I just don’t see us spending circa 40m on one, especially not on a CF.

We should shift Davis and have a goalscorer take his place.

Hopefully, Wesley can get in good condition and can make a contribution this season. Our supply line is much improved too with the addition of Buendia and maybe another one or two.

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think they mean as a general rule.....there is always exceptions to everything.

Surely we could play 4-3-3 with Grealish- Ollie- Tammy as the front 3......Emi playing on the right of a midfield 3......morphing in to a 4-2-4 when we are in the ascendency, and dropping back when we are without the ball.

Formations alter during a game anyway to match dynamics of the game.

Â