Soft drinks

Xela

Saw an interesting thing about Fanta the other week on YouTube about how it came from nazi Germany and something to do with the nazis not allowing an existing coca cola plant in Germany to import the syrup from the states so a salesman there came up with Fanta in order to keep a business going 

I'm a Pepsi Max Cherry man myself. I drink too much of it but it at least has zero calories, even though I'm sure it's still not good for me.

But I don't really drink coffee apart from the odd costa here and there and I almost never drink alcohol at home so I don't think it's too bad.

I do love a fanta as a treat

On 19/06/2021 at 20:26, StefanAVFC said:

What about pasta water? Rice? Potatoes? 

I get it when cooking with products that naturally have salt or umami but with some things it's a fundamental thing and is absolutely needed. It's not about adding extra, it's about adding the right amount. 

If you cook without salt your food tastes shit

• Haha 1

Only soft drink I consume is Cheerwine. Probably never heard of it in the UK, but it is quite good. Used to really pound some Mountain Dew but when I drink it now, just feel really bad afterwards.

Edited by Big Salad
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Saw an interesting thing about Fanta the other week on YouTube about how it came from nazi Germany and something to do with the nazis not allowing an existing coca cola plant in Germany to import the syrup from the states so a salesman there came up with Fanta in order to keep a business going 

When I was in germany in the 80s a truck would come around once a week and deliver a crate of 12 Fanta orange bottles - kind of like the Davenport's beer at home trucks we used to get here - it was lovely stuff.

49 minutes ago, blandy said:

When I was in germany in the 80s a truck would come around once a week and deliver a crate of 12 Fanta orange bottles - kind of like the Davenport's beer at home trucks we used to get here - it was lovely stuff.

Talking of Germany...did anyone ever try Schwip Schwap? 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Talking of Germany...did anyone ever try Schwip Schwap? 

Yeah its owned by Pepsi, prefer mezo mix which is owned by coca cola 

Not a clue how it's never made it over to the UK 

They've got strawberry, cherry, raspberry, lemon, lime, vanilla, cinnamon but not orange? 

Edited by villa4europe

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Half a bottle of Jack Daniels in the morning and then I go off to operate heavy machinery.

Sherry for mouthwash I hope. 

I think that's what Frank Skinner got to at his lowest. Not the mouthwash use but drinking sherry in the morning when he woke up. 

• Shocked 1

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah its owned by Pepsi, prefer mezo mix which is owned by coca cola 

Not a clue how it's never made it over to the UK 

They've got strawberry, cherry, raspberry, lemon, lime, vanilla, cinnamon but not orange? 

So it is Cola and fizzy orange? Sounds nice! 

Mind you, i've got a bottle of blue fanta in the fridge - mystery flavour! Could be domestos.

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

So it is Cola and fizzy orange? Sounds nice! 

Mind you, i've got a bottle of blue fanta in the fridge - mystery flavour! Could be domestos.

Yeah its basically orange flavoured cola, there's maybe 4 or 5 different big brands of it, they call it spezi

My wife will go to a restaurant and order cola, lemonade and fresh orange juice in one as a drink, they also do cola beer, imagine a shandy with cola rather than lemonade, varying degrees of success, the range of "radlers" here, low alcohol fruit beers is big, again varying degrees of success, I once hugged a 2% grapefruit beer for about 90 minutes as it was vile 

I've seen that mystery Fanta, can't bring myself to do it 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

Sherry for mouthwash I hope. 

I think that's what Frank Skinner got to at his lowest. Not the mouthwash use but drinking sherry in the morning when he woke up. 

I never knew he had a drink problem in the past tbh.

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

He had a huge drink problem. He's been 'clean' for ages now - probably late 80s / early 90s

His autobiography is ace. Recommended (although its about 20 years old now)

HQX1TDr.jpeg

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Quote from Wiki

Skinner stopped drinking alcohol at age 29, having become concerned when he changed from having sherry for breakfast to Pernod. He started performing stand-up comedy shortly afterwards. He has said that he has never been able to replace the "white heat of joy" he got from alcohol and that his social life has never recovered from stopping drinking.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Skinner

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

He had a huge drink problem. He's been 'clean' for ages now - probably late 80s / early 90s

His autobiography is ace. Recommended (although its about 20 years old now)

HQX1TDr.jpeg

If I ever go on a relaxing holiday again I might pick it up, cheers.

• Like 1

Â