Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

52 minutes ago, The Rosk said:

Why on Earth would Maddison want to come to us when his team has just won the FA Cup and are in Europe?  Come on.  Let's get a grip here.  We are unlikely to attract an Arsenal youngster who has played 40 professional games, and that's a team on a downward spiral.  

gtfo GIF

• Like 1

Arsenal pre-season begins on Wednesday, ESR will be back at the office and you'd imagine in need of making a decision. If there's any chance of him being serious about leaving Arsenal then his manager will want that flushed out and dealt with pronto.

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Arsenal pre-season begins on Wednesday, ESR will be back at the office and you'd imagine in need of making a decision. If there's any chance of him being serious about leaving Arsenal then his manager will want that flushed out and dealt with pronto.

Exactly. Teams are all back training this week and I'm sure clubs are looking to start doing more business to make sure squads are ready and settled before the pre season matches begin.
Hopefully we'll hear back on ESR and Grealish this week. I imagine these two deals are holding everything up for us as they affect everything. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

That is utterly scandalous reporting by the BBC. I accept that commercial news outlets have to sell papers and clicks. Please tell me what the national broadcaster’s motivation is to peddle this unfounded rubbish?

A broken and corrupt organisation, blinded by celebrity and their ridiculous notions of what they think the public want to hear. It’s mind blowing how out of touch with reality they are. Let’s not forget that they at best hid and at worst facilitated the odious and unthinkable acts of a serial paedophile for decades. How many more have they and are they still hiding and employing? Close it down!!!

That's a 3 line gossip column. Chill out ! - you want the BBC closed down because they are speculating on Grealish to Man City ????

Jesus Boris has really done a number on you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

That's a 3 line gossip column. Chill out ! - you want the BBC closed down because they are speculating on Grealish to Man City ????

Jesus Boris has really done a number on you.

Looks like he's done a number on you too!

• Haha 1

Just now, alreadyexists said:

I really like the BBC. Obviously off topic so won’t go on about it, but I think we are lucky to have an independent and non commercial broadcaster. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Agree pal was just being silly. 

I do know that Sir David Attenborough 😉 is a fan of ESR and that his wildlife programmes over the years have been absolutely outstanding. 

• Like 1

What on earth is a verbal agreement to a contract. What a load of media shite. He hasn't signed or agreed to anything let's be real.

He might still accept an Arsenal offer but you don't 'verbally agree' to a piece of paper and then take off on holiday. 😂

I'm quite laid back when it comes to made up and recycled media sh*t. My take on it is that it's a visible hazard like dog sh*t on the pavement .... you step round it.

I'm patiently waiting for proper news from the only people who know what we are actually doing (or trying to do), and that's the guys in charge of AVFC.  

• Thanks 1

There are so many things in play here...for example, Newcastle apparently want Willock. But Arsenal want more than some Dunlop polos and a **** big mug.
Ditto Xhaka - most of their fan base seem to think he's shit - but now Roma want him and he played OK for Switzerland again - suddenly he's worth a fortune. I'm sure they'd like the wages off their books, but they need cash it seems and know it's not a buyers market so have to gamble on getting more.
They've poisoned the squad by paying the likes of Willian and Ozil mad wages for little benefit on the pitch. And mismanaged their squad badly, like with Martinez. I've got 7 of their current 28 man first team squad out of contract in a year, and another 10 or 11 in 2023. 

If they can sell some players like Willock for decent money, that will make our chances of signing ESR much lower, and is probably partly the reason we're pushing quite hard now; in a couple of weeks it might all be too late, and we're on to plan B.  

2 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Xhaka - most of their fan base seem to think he's shit - but now Roma want him and he played OK for Switzerland again - suddenly he's worth a fortune. I'm sure they'd like the wages off their books

They 100% want his 100k wages off the books

• Like 1

It must be tempting for them. Most clubs will likely low-ball and nickel and dime for their unwanted high wage players but we have rocked up with £30m+, probably all paid upfront, for a youth product who is not even a garenteed starter for them. Wonder if they will blink first.

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Agree pal was just being silly. 

I do know that Sir David Attenborough 😉 is a fan of ESR and that his wildlife programmes over the years have been absolutely outstanding. 

Ah, sorry bud, I missed the joke :) 

3 hours ago, The Rosk said:

Why on Earth would Maddison want to come to us when his team has just won the FA Cup and are in Europe?  Come on.  Let's get a grip here.  We are unlikely to attract an Arsenal youngster who has played 40 professional games, and that's a team on a downward spiral.  

Thank god someone said it! James Maddison…as if!!