Ashley Young: Redux

ramshackler

Surprised he put so much height on it....many of his good pens for us in 2008-10 period were low and down the middle.

He hit a similar one for England v Italy in euro 2012 shootout.

When experienced player like him early on misses in shootout it does have the feel of not being your night. Not sure taking it infront of Villa fans would've made much difference, would rather always go first tbh.

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Looked like a 36 year old today. 

Throughout poor performance. Offers nothing going forward and his defending was shaky. 

I thought he was fine. I think the missed penalty is making your judgement much harsher than it should be. 

31 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I thought he was fine. I think the missed penalty is making your judgement much harsher than it should be. 

disagree, I said well before it got to penalties that he was having a stinker, his passing and free kicks were woeful tonight

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Perhaps but not sure what he offered. 

Most their attacks went through his side and he didn't offer anything going forward. 

As of now Targett is miles ahead of him. 

• VT Supporter
1 minute ago, Villa_Vids said:

Awful passing yesterday but solid enough alongside the other defenders.

Yeah even on an off day he knows the role inside out and recovered well. Wasted some freekicks and possession but he's not going to be on top form every week.

17 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Looked like a 36 year old today. 

Throughout poor performance. Offers nothing going forward and his defending was shaky. 

Agree, he did look poor, but our left side seemed to be targeted by Chelsea after the break. El Gahzi offered very little defensive cover which amplified Young's exposure.

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â