Juan Pablo Angel

TheSufferingVilla

I used to get shit from the bellend that bullied me at school for how long it took Angel to score for us, being just about the only Villa fan of my age in Sussex.  He'll always be a hero of mine for how good he turned out.  I'd love it if his kid played for us.

25 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I used to get shit from the bellend that bullied me at school for how long it took Angel to score for us, being just about the only Villa fan of my age in Sussex.  He'll always be a hero of mine for how good he turned out.  I'd love it if his kid played for us.

Should have smashed his face in with a woodwork mallet

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

What part of Sussex?

14 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Angel was a really great player. It was just a shame he had to play with half wits like vassell. He was always 2-3 moves ahead

Yes he was to late or to early joining villa,  would loved to see him play in the early John Gregory side or the Mon era

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

He was interviewed on the most recent 2 robbies podcast to talk about his new project podcast My New Favorite Futbolista. He also talks a bit about when he joined us and the WC & the PL season this year with a bit of talk about us this season. 

Worth a listen if you have 25 minutes

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, villa89 said:

I'm always amazed at the reverence with which people hold him in on here. He was average at best, alright the style of play probably didn't help him but when you compare him to a proper striker like Beneteke when he was with us there's no comparison. Just look at Angel's goal record for us, it's horrendous. 

Yeah, I'll be honest I don't get it. 

He had one amazing season, one ok season and was truly awful the rest of his time here. 

• Like 2

175 games 44 goals. It's not great reading but doesn't tell the whole story. Absolute player for me. Touch, athleticism, leapt like a salmon.

Why did he have to play in some shit teams. Maybe they cockwomble wouldn't have the PL goal record.

• Like 2

Season 1 - he didnt settle

Season 2 - he made a good start until Gregory left

Season 3 - Taylor didnt rate him

Season 4 - Great season

Season 5 - Did OK nothing special, seem to recall he had an injury

Season 6 - O'Leary had lost the plot at this point. Probably should have went down

Season 7 - Started OK but his legs were gone

Season 1 and 7 weren't full seasons. Played his best football with passers around him like Merson, Hitz, Barry and Solano

• Like 1

Â