James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Someone posted earlier he and family are Portsmouth fans but he joined Southampton at young age. 

Like the filthy Gardeners! Let's save him. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Two things:

1 - This stinks of a moneyball play, and I love it for that

2 - If it happens, no way is Jack leaving

I don't think Jack is leaving no matter how much the rag sheets want to engineer a story.

Moneyball means analyzing market and buying undervalued players which JWP would certainly not be having just signed 5 year deal

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

We all know how these things work, if JWP has any interest at all, he’ll probably have a discussion with the Villa lads in camp to see what’s going on. If it peaks his interest his next phone call is his agent. Then comes down to money...

51 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Preparing a bid is clever language that allows wiggle room. Funny that not a peep from John Percy. Have the Telegraph ran a story based on initial one like other outlets? Seems pretty fishy

Percy is never early on a story - that’s how you know when he posts it’s golden. But you might well be right. My point is just Doyle doesn’t have a record or reason to make stuff up. My guess is we are interested. My guess is also we won’t pay what they want. So I would think you will turn out to be correct that we don’t sign him, and as you don’t rate him then I’m sure you’ll be delighted!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

So I would think you will turn out to be correct that we don’t sign him, and as you don’t rate him then I’m sure you’ll be delighted!

Please quote me saying I don't rate JWP

Edited by Kiwivillan

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Please quote me saying I don't rate JWP

Yeah fair play and apologies to have assumed that if you do - I was going off you saying he wasn’t worth £40m and wouldn’t suit our system but you didn’t say he was a bad player 👍

14 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Doyle interviewed Guilbert back in 2019 and reported about Sawiris looking to buy a stake in Vitoria Guimares. It's not like he's not written about nor discussed Villa before.

He also writes our match report for the Guardian for pretty much every single game at Villa Park (though as I have said elsewhere, doesn’t often write about transfers).

9 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Yeah fair play and apologies to have assumed that if you do - I was going off you saying he wasn’t worth £40m and wouldn’t suit our system but you didn’t say he was a bad player 👍

Cheers but I didn't even say he wasn't worth 40m either. I said it would be unusual for the way we've conducted our business to go after a player that's just signed a 5 year contract. 

24 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He's gone into meltdown as we look like having real squad depth this season! 

...or in other words, more than 12 players.

You keep posting things I haven't said multiple times so how about **** off already. It's getting boring

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

You keep posting things I haven't said multiple times so how about **** off already. It's getting boring

It's generally how a select few on this forum operate. I think I've spent more time on this forum telling people what I haven't said than actually defending a point I have made. 

Guess slumming it with people who develop their critical thinking at Twitter instead of universities leads you to this. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, messi11 said:

For the JWP money you could get De Paul

And you can get a box of eggs for the same price as a loaf of bread, but it’s no good if you want some toast.  I don’t get point, they are completely different players. 

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

And you can get a box of eggs for the same price as a loaf of bread, but it’s no good if you want some toast.  I don’t get point, they are completely different players. 

Quality. 

5 hours ago, catanzaro said:

Yes, to your first question.. and...sorry I’m not good with words.. and... I’m not insane

You’re absolutely fine with words and I understood what you meant just time around.

Despite the hole Kiwivillan has dug for himself, I’m fairly certain there’s something in this. I’ve no ITK myself, but the people who generally are are saying “there’s something in this”. Could be a herd mentality thing of course, but then why listen to any rumour ever if you can’t leave a little room in your life to go with it?

The move makes perfect sense to me. To Villa, to JWP and if the price is right, to Southampton. Which is probably why it won’t happen, because I can’t imagine their price being quite what we’re willing to pay. We shall see.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â