England v Austria/England v Romania

andykeenan

Don't usually bother with England games but I thought I'd have a look.

half an hour of tedium.

Jack needs to do a bit more but looks good.

Don't get why Phillips plays, it's like having another centre back.

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Don't usually bother with England games but I thought I'd have a look.

half an hour of tedium.

Jack needs to do a bit more but looks good.

Don't get why Phillips plays, it's like having another centre back.

We did it against Iceland ffs. Play 2 ball recyclers against a team with no intention to play. What is the point!

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Who cares if they continue to do it forever?  What does it matter if they kneel for a few seconds before kicking off?  Nobody is getting hurt and it's bringing awareness to an issue white people don't think about.  Booing the act proves the problem at hand is more widespread than originally thought.  By booing the kneeling, you're essentially telling half the players in the starting line up that you only care about their efforts on the pitch and don't care about the struggles of them, their families, and the rest of the people of color in the world.  The louder they boo, the longer they'll continue to kneel and the louder they'll speak up about the problem of racism in football in the media and on social media.    

I think majority of the booing is not directly saying they don’t care about racism.

I think they are booing because they came to watch a football match, not a political statement.

You’re completely right right that it isn’t doing any harm, and if it went on forever then who cares but that doesn’t take away from the reality that the boos are going to get louder and longer every week imo. The fact there is no end or evolution of it into something else means I really expect it’ll be eventually cancelled because of the opposition to it (and these small brained individuals who are doing the booing will feel pleased with their efforts).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

They look like 11 individuals, not a team. 

So unfair for Southgate to keep doing this to them just to give so many players a cap, needs scaling down, we know who the best players are, let them gel and give the next best some minutes when the games call for it, keep it simple, let them gel and evolve as a unit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

My theory that players have been told 100 percent to knock f*CK out of Jack, whilst referees have been told to give him next to nothing, seems accurate.

And rival fans lap it up moaning about how much time he spends on the floor

Sythed down mid thigh "diving again" 

• Like 1

125 mins of centre backs passing it to goalkeepers and DMs passing it to centre backs and fullbacks passing it to DMs.

Please someone sack this word removed.

The ball goes **** forwards. To feet. Through the lined.

• Like 1

Â