England v Austria/England v Romania

andykeenan

Just now, Genie said:

I think majority of the booing is not directly saying they don’t care about racism.

I think they are booing because they came to watch a football match, not a political statement.

You’re completely right right that it isn’t doing any harm, and if it went on forever then who cares but that doesn’t take away from the reality that the boos are going to get louder and longer every week imo. The fact there is no end or evolution of it into something else means I really expect it’ll be eventually cancelled because of the opposition to it (and these small brained individuals who are doing the booing will feel pleased with their efforts).

The same people that boo because 'politics should stay out of football' I guarantee would kick off if they didn't have poppies on shirts on rememberence weekend 

I actually think its the opposite...the more they boo the longer it will continue 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

So unfair for Southgate to keep doing this to them just to give so many players a cap, needs scaling down, we know who the best players are, let them gel and give the next best some minutes when the games call for it, keep it simple, let them gel and evolve as a unit.

Problem is too, is we won't be ready for the first proper game.

23 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Jesus... I swear Mings gets the shitty end of the stick... It was a horrible pass to him yet Shaw (was it) who played the hospital ball to him is ignored.

May be it was a hospital ball, but may be I am simple, a normal defender would surely just boot it away? 

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Commentators purring about Sancho hitting the bar … what about all the lead up play before the effort ?

Jacks not mentioned in the script outline, being mentioned will require commentators to watch the game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

The same people that boo because 'politics should stay out of football' I guarantee would kick off if they didn't have poppies on shirts on rememberence weekend 

I actually think its the opposite...the more they boo the longer it will continue 

I think they’d be happier if the shirts carried an anti-racism message on (like the poppy) rather than the delaying of the start of the game every time.

That does kind of defeat the object of it though as the kneeling / shore delay is to push the message front and centre.

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Jacks not mentioned in the script outline, being mentioned will require commentators to watch the game.

They said “no surprise Jack Grealish was instrumental in the build up to that shot”

23 minutes ago, hippo said:

Is it helping ? 

Do things that help. Don't just do anything.

It'll be better to put a message on the back of every ticket or info in your season ticket pack, around the ground. The knee just seems a bit meaningless even to the best of emm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I think majority of the booing is not directly saying they don’t care about racism.

I think they are booing because they came to watch a football match, not a political statement.

You’re completely right right that it isn’t doing any harm, and if it went on forever then who cares but that doesn’t take away from the reality that the boos are going to get louder and longer every week imo. The fact there is no end or evolution of it into something else means I really expect it’ll be eventually cancelled because of the opposition to it (and these small brained individuals who are doing the booing will feel pleased with their efforts).

This is the last I'll comment on this today:

1. This is 2021 - Sports and Politics are becoming more and more intertwined in today's world because of social media.  The players have a huge platform and a voice, that will not go away.  The players will continue to do this for as long as they want and there will be significant player backlash if the FA/UEFA/FIFA try to stop this in the future.  
  2. Eventually, the booing fans will start getting banned by clubs/teams because of the backlash from the players themselves.  The monkey chants/banana throwing has stopped in England, but racism is still present in the stands and the kneeling exposes this.
  3. Who cares if there is no end...  Systematic racism is a complex problem that will take years to solve.  
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Genie said:

I think they’d be happier if the shirts carried an anti-racism message on (like the poppy) rather than the delaying of the start of the game every time.

That does kind of defeat the object of it though as the kneeling / shore delay is to push the message front and centre.

Every time they boo makes the need to make a stance stronger. A badge on a shirt does **** all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â