England v Austria/England v Romania

andykeenan

14 minutes ago, KMitch said:

This is the last I'll comment on this today:

1. This is 2021 - Sports and Politics are becoming more and more intertwined in today's world because of social media.  The players have a huge platform and a voice, that will not go away.  The players will continue to do this for as long as they want and there will be significant player backlash if the FA/UEFA/FIFA try to stop this in the future.  
  2. Eventually, the booing fans will start getting banned by clubs/teams because of the backlash from the players themselves.  The monkey chants/banana throwing has stopped in England, but racism is still present in the stands and the kneeling exposes this.
  3. Who cares if there is no end...  Systematic racism is a complex problem that will take years to solve.  

No worries, for the record I think booing it is wrong and I really don’t care if it goes on indefinitely.

What I do predict though is that like the initial kneeling, the booing will become too much to ignore by the powers that be and it’ll be dropped / phased out because they don’t want every game to start with the kneeling -> booing -> clapping sequence.

Edited by Genie

It's absolute nailed on the media have been told to lay off Southgate. The England manager always gets stick before the games, this Euro's I think they have been told it does the team and manager no good and to lay off, until the end. Strange to me they are bigging up the team and play, when every fan can see it's dour and boring.

• Like 1

Only look any good when Jack gets on the ball and drives at Romania; commits players and its the only thing getting the crowd going. Rashford and Sancho too much head down and running themselves down a dead end.

Not been impressed by Phillips; given it away a few times, and Romania had a couple of free shots from the edge of the box where he is meant to be covering, with him nowhere near. JWP has been better.

The tactics don't suit the players, majority are used to pressing instead of sitting deep.

Also massive imbalance in the side. Shaw is getting forward occasionally and Godfrey is playing like a centre half at right back. We're lopsided.

Movement is shocking.

Southgate really doesn't have a clue.

Southgate should be shown the door at the end of this tourno.

Not good enough to get anywhere near the best out of the wealth of personnel he has at his disposal. 

I cannot see us progressing past the second round at most. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Not good enough to get anywhere near the best out of the wealth of personnel he has at his disposal. 

Should be but won't. He's still living off the fluke run to the semi-finals 3 years ago.

• Like 1

Just now, Mantis said:

Should be but won't. He's still living off the fluke run to the semi-finals 3 years ago.

He’s set himself up for a sacking by saying anything less than semi-final will be a failure.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

The only way we get to the semi's with a Southgate team is defending and fluking a goal now and again. We are never going to go at it and win 3-4-0, even though we have the players to kill off teams.

• Like 1

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Lee Dixon “ I think Rashford has played himself into the starting 11 tonight”

I’ll have whatever drugs you are taking Lee

I heard that. He seems to have to do far less than most other players to get the praise.

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Lee Dixon “ I think Rashford has played himself into the starting 11 tonight”

I’ll have whatever drugs you are taking Lee

If you go on his twitter account, apart from him carrying a knock, I think he is a bit to busy to be concentrating on football.

Â