Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Fair point, when DCL eventually ran out of space and had to cross Ollie was neither in front or beyond the defender to get on the end of it.

7-D980-B76-F660-4-C41-B63-A-051-BF9-EF13

The touch between the 2 photos should have been a shot 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Fair point, when DCL eventually ran out of space and had to cross Ollie was neither in front or beyond the defender to get on the end of it.

7-D980-B76-F660-4-C41-B63-A-051-BF9-EF13

It was DCLs fault in that situation. Watkins was available in the box for DCLs first two or three touches of the ball. Unfortunately he didnt release the ball until touch four or five.

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The touch between the 2 photos should have been a shot 

He actually pulled his leg back to shoot, then decided to keep running with it. 
A right mess.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Can see Ben White getting the spot tbh

It's the better squad decision in general tbh. Regardless of who gets left behind 4 isn't ever necessary 

Just looking at some permutations after the group stages. If England win their group and Portugal come second in theirs, we will play them in the first knockout round. Portugal are with France, Germany and Hungary. You’d expect France to win it, but if Portugal do and France come second, England will play them. 

Neither would be my first choice of knockout opponents. 

A more favourable draw would await us if we finish second in the group. That would mean England facing whoever finishes second in Group E. That group is Spain, Sweden, Poland, Slovakia. My guess is Sweden, maybe Poland. So as much as England fans will want us to win the group, it might just be a blessing not to. Although to be fair, if you want to win the tournament you’ve got to beat the best at some point. I’d just prefer that to be in the semis/final. I want to see Grealish star in as many games as possible.

Edited by It's Your Round
Mixing me groups up innit.
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Just looking at some permutations after the group stages. If England win their group and Portugal come second in theirs, we will play them in the first knockout round. Portugal are with Belgium, Sweden and Hungary. You’d expect Belgium to win it, but if Portugal do and Belgium come second, England will play them. 

Neither would be my first choice of knockout opponents. 

A more favourable draw would await us if we finish second in the group. That would mean England facing whoever finishes second in Group E. That group is Spain, Sweden, Poland, Slovakia. My guess is Sweden, maybe Poland. So as much as England fans will want us to win the group, it might just be a blessing not to. Although to be fair, if you want to win the tournament you’ve got to beat the best at some point. I’d just prefer that to be in the semis/final. I want to see Grealish star in as many games as possible.

Think you've got a group mixed up here or I'm not understanding your post properly but Portugal are in a group with Germany, Hungary and France.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rino8 said:

Think you've got a group mixed up here or I'm not understanding your post properly but Portugal are in a group with Germany, Hungary and France.

You’re right, I’ll edit that part. The point still stands though, we will play second of that group if we win ours. So take your pick from Portugal, France or Germany. 

54 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

It's the better squad decision in general tbh. Regardless of who gets left behind 4 isn't ever necessary 

Agree, especially as Southgate is hellbent on taking maguire who won't be fit till after the group stages, and even then what condition will he be in 

45 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Although to be fair, if you want to win the tournament you’ve got to beat the best at some point. 

The entire Gareth Southgate myth has been built on England getting to semis in the world cup and never facing any of the best. 

So it might very well happen again 😂

• Like 3

Just now, Mic09 said:

The entire Gareth Southgate myth has been built on England getting to semis in the world cup and never facing any of the best. 

Actually, they played Belgium in the group.

and lost :lol: 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

So it might very well happen again 😂

What are you saying about Panama? 

Â