Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Well they failed to qualify for the last world cup and England got to the semis. Not sure we should be concerned about Italy 

I am sure Croatia feel the same way about England since they got to the final. 

Football doesn't work like that 

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

I am sure Croatia feel the same way about England since they got to the final. 

Football doesn't work like that 

One game Italy didnt even qualify. Don't understand all the nagativity surrounding England. Yes we could have a better manager but its about players and England have a real chance. 

Just now, PaulC said:

One game Italy didnt even qualify. Don't understand all the nagativity surrounding England. Yes we could have a better manager but its about players and England have a real chance. 

Different Italian squad, only about 5 players left from that squad

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Different Italian squad, only about 5 players left from that squad

The only thing I would say is Southgate I think is a poor manager, mancini is better but still bang average, would go as far as to say that I don't think think any of the managers are incredible tacticians anymore at international level

They beat the Czechs 4-0 last night, they only position they look weak on paper is full back 

Edited by villa4europe

55 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The only thing I would say is Southgate I think is a poor manager, mancini is better but still bang average, would go as far as to say that I don't think think any of the managers are incredible tacticians anymore at international level

They beat the Czechs 4-0 last night, they only position they look weak on paper is full back 

cant really judge in friendlies against weak opposition. 

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

cant really judge in friendlies against weak opposition. 

You can when we have them in the group stage in 3 weeks time 😉

If Italy are comfortably beating them, 17 shots and 63% possession then there's no reason to expect us to do the same 

Czechs have lost twice to Scotland in the last year, we should be looking to steam roll them, all out attack statement victory to carry in to the knockout stages 

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

You can when we have them in the group stage in 3 weeks time 😉

If Italy are comfortably beating them, 17 shots and 63% possession then there's no reason to expect us to do the same 

Czechs have lost twice to Scotland in the last year, we should be looking to steam roll them, all out attack statement victory to carry in to the knockout stages 

Didn't see the game so can't judge but were the Czech's at full strength and were they really trying? Nobody wants to get injured before the main event.  It doesnt matter if we dont steam roll them as long as we beat them and save our best performances for the knockout stage. 

Really can see us getting beaten by Scotland and finishing 3rd. We're utterly turgid.

It's Hodgson football all over again. Just incapable of creating anything - against some absolute dross.

Edited by rodders0223

Man is an absolute clown. Surely means Maguire is knackered.

At which point why is he being taken?

Wes showed more pace and agility after 18 months out yesterday than Henderson did.

Why is he being taken?

Why do we never learn??

Did Spain take Ramos. No.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

I think Grealish will start. He has the number 7, and has starred in every game.

Gareth is a coward, even if he doesn’t want to play he I think he knows he’s going to be under immense pressure if he leaves him out.

Â