Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

not sure how they have came to this but apparently from Opta

SIR AHMED (@midopido21) | Twitter

I really don't know how you can put a percentage on chances of winning it, it's knock out football and unpredictable really

15 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

I really don't know how you can put a percentage on chances of winning it, it's knock out football and unpredictable really

They’ve probably just converted bookie odds to a percentage of probability.

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

He can still drop maguire and Henderson the day before the Croatia game, that's why I think no one has been sent home yet and white, Ollie, Lingard are getting minutes 

This injured player thing is a bit shit at the moment because this change thing is new cos of rona, if this maguire thing is true about not being fit until the knockout stage then surely he'll be dropped, same with Henderson 

I thought he couldn't unless they picked up new injuries. Pre-existing injuries dont count

11 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Wouldn't have thought they would be that different. 

Not that much but in England for example more people will have bet on England so makes them nearly always 3rd or 4th favourites for a lot of tournaments

They might still be 2nd or 3rd favourites elsewhere but probably higher odds

23 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Wouldn't have thought they would be that different. 

England are always favourites or close to with British bookies. They always shorten the odds because of the amount of money that has been put on them, just in case.

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

England are always favourites or close to with British bookies. They always shorten the odds because of the amount of money that has been put on them, just in case.

Yes and this time theres a good feeling as well so bound to be more money put on them. 

• Like 1

I thought to myself I know they are expensive but I'll treat myself to an England shirt with Grealish on it so I ordered it online and paid and everything only to discover I'd ordered a womens shirt! I hate my life 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

I thought to myself I know they are expensive but I'll treat myself to an England shirt with Grealish on it so I ordered it online and paid and everything only to discover I'd ordered a womens shirt! I hate my life 

No returns on shirts with names on??! 

Henderson reminds me of when Wilshere got called up for Euro 2016 when he'd played about 4 games all season for Arsenal....and guess what he was s***.

I'm fine with Rice holding in this tournament. Perhaps he'll get found out against a tournament favourite but he's had a good season for West Ham so not just hype imo and think he'll do a decent job.

On 04/06/2021 at 10:44, Zatman said:

Its from here

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2021/06/euro-2020-predictions-france-belgium-england/

Stats Perform’s Euros Prediction model estimates the probability of each match outcome (win, draw or loss) by using betting market odds and Stats Perform’s team rankings. The odds and rankings are based on historical and recent team performances.

The model considers the strength of opponents and the difficulty of the “path to the final” by using the match outcome probabilities with the composition of the groups and the seedings into the knockout stages. It then simulates the remainder of the tournament 40,000 times. By analysing the outcome of each of these simulations, the model returns the likelihood of progression for each team at each stage of the tournament to create our final predictions.

2 hours ago, Bizzzle said:

Really? I hope not. I doesn't mention anything on their website that I can see

Depends, if it was a pre set then you should be OK, if you had to do via the custom set up then usually it's a no 

On 04/06/2021 at 10:44, Zatman said:

Yeah we should be lower.

No chance England are getting to the final. One of the best teams of talent, (attacking wise defo) we have had in years, only to be held back by a manager who makes McLeish look like Pep!

Still shocks me how he got the job, other than jobs for the boys.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Yeah we should be lower.

No chance England are getting to the final. One of the best teams of talent, (attacking wise defo) we have had in years, only to be held back by a manager who makes McLeish look like Pep!

Still shocks me how he got the job, other than jobs for the boys.

That's kind of why it's nonsense

There won't be a stat or barometer for southgates dullness

On paper we have the great attack, we score goals, we piss the qualifiers, we are the home team... We should be higher... I'd put us above Denmark, Holland and Germany for sure 

Not a clue about Italy going in to this tournament 

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's kind of why it's nonsense

There won't be a stat or barometer for southgates dullness

On paper we have the great attack, we score goals, we piss the qualifiers, we are the home team... We should be higher... I'd put us above Denmark, Holland and Germany for sure 

Not a clue about Italy going in to this tournament 

Denmark took 4 points off England in the Nations League so probably taken into account 

Italy are going way under the radar, probably the best midfield in the tournament 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Denmark took 4 points off England in the Nations League so probably taken into account 

Italy are going way under the radar, probably the best midfield in the tournament 

Well they failed to qualify for the last world cup and England got to the semis. Not sure we should be concerned about Italy 

Â