Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Great to see! Think the links to Baena are interesting given he and Buendia are similar types of player, so curious to see what the plans for him are. Such a shame to have a whole season written off when he looked like he was really about to hit his stride after pre-season.

On 26/01/2024 at 01:34, Kiwivillan said:

Scorchio means hot

so I've got a "scorchio woman"....sounds cool, I mean scorchio.

Positive news... but he needs a pre-season, out of the cauldron.

Think we have missed his intensity and bit of aggression.

• Like 4

Cracking player.... So good to know he's back training with the squad which in itself will be a massive boost to everybody.  

Can't wait to see him back properly next season, because we've really missed him this season imo

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Indigo said:

Great to see! Think the links to Baena are interesting given he and Buendia are similar types of player, so curious to see what the plans for him are. Such a shame to have a whole season written off when he looked like he was really about to hit his stride after pre-season.

With our injury luck, we'll need 4 of them.

• Haha 1

On 07/05/2024 at 19:17, Indigo said:

This season has demonstrated the quality of the squad isn't deep enough. Having another Buendia type player in the group gives us depth and more options. 

Just because we're looking at other players doesn't necessarily mean we'll be offloading other first team members.

On 07/05/2024 at 04:08, MrBlack said:

If he gets back to full fitness, I predict he'll be in the starting 11 far more often than not. 

Buendia and Mings are my favorite players, so I will be happy if he's back in the 11, but it's not going to be easy to break into this team.

He would play one of the advanced midfield positions or the wing/forward position alongside Watkins. For those three slots, you have Buendia, Tielemans, Rogers, JJ, McGinn, Bailey, and Diaby: that's 7 players for 3 slots. And that's assuming Zaniolo leaves and that we don't sign anyone else for those positions. Right now, the first four (and Zaniolo) are hurt and McGinn is playing as a DM, so it seems like we're short, but if we're at full strength at the start of the season, the competition is daunting.

Those are also 3 slots where subs are commonly used, and we need rotation with CL (or EL), so he will certainly get playing time.

3 hours ago, TomC said:

Buendia and Mings are my favorite players, so I will be happy if he's back in the 11, but it's not going to be easy to break into this team.

He would play one of the advanced midfield positions or the wing/forward position alongside Watkins. For those three slots, you have Buendia, Tielemans, Rogers, JJ, McGinn, Bailey, and Diaby: that's 7 players for 3 slots. And that's assuming Zaniolo leaves and that we don't sign anyone else for those positions. Right now, the first four (and Zaniolo) are hurt and McGinn is playing as a DM, so it seems like we're short, but if we're at full strength at the start of the season, the competition is daunting.

Those are also 3 slots where subs are commonly used, and we need rotation with CL (or EL), so he will certainly get playing time.

I think he’ll have plenty of chances, it’s clearly better than playing Diaby and Bailey for example, we need different types of players. Not having Ramsey for example isn’t helping us. 
We need the right combination for each game. Buendia offers something different (Tielemans might be similar in some parts) but Buendia clearly better for that left side. We also need different players to change tactics second half.

So I don’t think that being a real issue. It’s how affected he is by his injury and how his aggression be as that’s one of biggest strengths. I think the longer rest might benefit him (some players played before the 9 months I guess). 
So I think club not rushing him (and resting Ramsey as well), might have a look at them as new signings.

As we’ve seen with Mings and now Zaniolo, some players could have more than 2 ACL and still have a good career, but for Zaniolo case it regressed his development. 

I've been seeing how long these ACL injuries are taking to recover from it's 8-9 months, then how long before the player then gets mins on the pitch? Then gets match fitness? I think we will see Kamara back in training in Nov potentially the back on the pitch sometime in Dec and maybe getting starts in Jan. 

Tammy, Mings and Buendia all taken 9 months to recover. The good thing is players do recover from this injury we have seen it numerous times now in modern football. Mings and Buendia get a pre-season too which is the right kind of build up for them

8 hours ago, Jas10 said:

But he's lightweight and gives the ball away too much. 

• Haha 1

On 07/05/2024 at 22:30, Lord Willard said:

Would like to see him on the bench as an unused sub until next season

pretty sure he's not even registered in the PL or conf league squad

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

272 days. Man that's horrible. Here's hoping we slowly build him back up over off-season and pre-season, comes back raring to go in August.

Â