Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

11 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I'm glass half full - Buendia to come back for last quarter of the season to push us over the line in our quest for top 5.

If he hasn't torn his acl maybe yes.

If he has he won't be fit for the start of next season.

• Like 1

FFS, terrible news for us. As well as his pressing ability, he is a good finisher and was starting to hit the net with more regularity during pre-season. Sad news, hopefully he can make it back for the tail end of the season.

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Tielemans has played as a 10 for Leicester. He's versatile but I wouldn't class him as a Kamara 6. Dougie wasn't playing holding in double pivot last season to go with what you're saying. We could easily accommodate all 3 with Luiz or Tielemans occupying Ramsey role

We haven’t seen it at all this pre season. But we’ve seen plenty of other experiments.

That is gutting news for him and the team. 

I hope he makes a swift and full recovery because when he plays well we tick really nicely.

Wonder if this will open up the transfer coffers once more, especially if it’s a season long injury? 

• Like 1

It’s terrible news for the guy. I really feel for him. I’m sure after a good preseason he was looking forward to the season and to have it snatched away must be awful (and it’s probably awful for someone else if one of the other players was involved in it happening). He’s a huge loss, the pressing, the commitment and as others have said he has added a few goals as well. Just feel terrible for him - hopefully he will come back stronger. 

He did seem to be carrying a few extra pounds of muscle. For some athletes that's all it takes. Given that it happened in training my hope is that Ben Mee didn't sneak in and snap every ligament in his knee. If it's just the ACL he should be back in training in 6 months time. Probably won't feature this season but you never know. 

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Doesn’t mean we’ve not trained it. May not have wanted to “give it away” to scouts 

4 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

We haven’t seen it at all this pre season. But we’ve seen plenty of other experiments.

The point is we didn't have an injured buendia preseason, so whether we trained it or not,  it's an option we have now. Even if it isn't one Emery would have naturally chosen.

I know he's a god, and sees everything, but I don't see why it couldn't work playing all three of them at the same time, and Emery is definitely capable of making it work.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Doesn’t mean we’ve not trained it. May not have wanted to “give it away” to scouts 

We won’t part of the reason Tielemans faded so badly at Leicester is playing every game. The idea is for squad rotation 

Â